Question Britax blvd 70 vs Recaro Proride size?

PunkyMonkey

Has anyone owned both of these? I know the blvd has a higher RF limit (40lbs) & more leg room... Right? Is the blvd an all around better seat? Does anyone know in RF mode if the blvd takes up more room front to back (reclined of course) than the Proride? it looks massive in BRU and I can't bring it out and install it to see with DD with me. Thanks for help in advance!!!!!

ADS

abigaylebelle

I have the signo g2 and the blvd70. I like them both for different reasons.
They take up about the same amount of room when rf in my cars. We drive a tiny subaru (outback sport) and a tiny honda (fit) and either seat works in either car.
The blvd70 does have a little bit more legroom, but I find that the amount of legroom rf depends a lot on the shape of the backseat and whether or not it reclines so ymmv.
The recaro sits up higher on its base and has only two recline settings whereas the blvd 70 has three. The blvd 70 has a shorter shell by quite a bit, so if you can deal with the recaro lack of legroom then you would get longer rf.
The wing/harness mechanisms are a little bit different for each, the recaro has the knob on the side and the blvd70 has the button on the top. I prefer the recaro system where the headrest is truly infinitely adjustable over the blvd70's several different headrest settings.

PunkyMonkey

Thank you... DD loved her ProRide at first and maybe this is just a phase but she can't see around the head wings and the blvd wings look a little smaller and she is getting SOOO unruly in the car these days. She is constantly straining herself to sit further forward to see around them and of course she can't move forward at all since she is strapped in snug so its a never ending battle!
We need a spare seat anyway so I figured I'd get a blvd but in the store it looks HUGE and the Recaro fits perfectly in my Acura TL (I think the backseat might be a little bigger than your Outback but not by too much without the front seat being moved all the way up) so that is good to know that the blvd will indeed fit too.

I wish there was a way to test it out for a few days and if it doesn't work out return it lol. :whistle:

I just shudder at the thought of spending $250+ and her hating that seat too. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC