Saw the Dora seat at Walmart today...

Mom2FiveGirls

It was the one seat not attached to the shelf, so of course I took it down to play with it... Ella, of course, loved it. With it sitting on the ground (not installed obviously...) she is about 1/4 inch under the bottom slots. I wasn't too overly impressed and I'm still freaked out by them. They had the spongebob seat as well. I was getting ready to take pictures when Ms Grumpy Butt who works there came over and all but accused me of cutting the plastic pieces that were supposed to be attaching it to the shelf. There were plastic pieces on there, but they obviously hadn't been cut and I hadn't removed anything. I was shocked it wasn't attached like the other seats, but figured since it wasn't I would play with them. She said not having them attached is a safety hazard and "people should NOT be messing with them or putting kids in them!" (as Ella was in the seat...). I told her that I was trying her out in it to see how much room she had to determine whether or not I should buy one. She looked at me like I'd grown an extra head. She went on and on about how "he" came by and attached them and it should be attached. She asked if I removed it and I said that yes, I took it down but that it was not attached to anything or I wouldn't have. I don't think she believed me...cause you know I have nothing better to do that go around cutting the black zip tie thingies... She walked off before I could show her that they were still attached to the seat and not cut. No clue what they were supposed to have been attached to in the first place. So, to make a long story short, I didn't get any pictures of Ella in the seat... :( Honestly I don't think she has any more room in it that she is going to have in her MA70 though. She's pretty short torsoed for a 4 year old.

ADS

BrookysMommy

WOW! Your walmart staff seams kinda rude :thumbsdown:
Im glad mine are friendly :)
But on the seat...it actually made me jump when I first saw it! I thought it was a child sitting in booster on the shelf. Kinda creepy to me

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
WOW! Your walmart staff seams kinda rude :thumbsdown:
Im glad mine are friendly :)
But on the seat...it actually made me jump when I first saw it! I thought it was a child sitting in booster on the shelf. Kinda creepy to me

I had the same experience as you as I approached the carseat aisle--Dora was on the end and scared the crap out of me. That is truly a creepy seat and would scare the bejeezits out of me if I saw it in my backseat.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I think Garmin has a "Dora voice" you can download for your GPS. (Although WHY would anyone want to do that???)

There are times we forget our GPS is on (not using it for navigation--it just turns on on its own) and it'll startle us by saying "traffic ahead."

I can only imagine having Dora's voice suddenly start talking to you, and looking back to see her staring at you from the back seat.

They should come out with a Chuckie seat.

Notaclue

I think Garmin has a "Dora voice" you can download for your GPS. (Although WHY would anyone want to do that???)

There are times we forget our GPS is on (not using it for navigation--it just turns on on its own) and it'll startle us by saying "traffic ahead."

I can only imagine having Dora's voice suddenly start talking to you, and looking back to see her staring at you from the back seat.

They should come out with a Chuckie seat.

:ROTFLMAO:

And yea, I have never been to a Walmart with a friendly staff. I didn't think they existed.

violets_mommy

LISmama810 said:

That would be bad!! Heart attack city.

I saw this seat (Dora and Spongebob) for the first time yesterday. Side by side with the Scenera, it looked like the top slots were the same height.

CrazyBoysMamma

I had the same experience as you as I approached the carseat aisle--Dora was on the end and scared the crap out of me. That is truly a creepy seat and would scare the bejeezits out of me if I saw it in my backseat.

Did you see the ummm wanna say Dale Ernhardt Jr. seats they used to have? Creeped me the bleep out. It looked like you're driving around letting your kid sit in some redneck's lap...all I could think of was "hey little boy, you want some candy?":eek:

ETA-Yeah, it's a Dale Earnhardt Jr. seat I was thinking of, look! Here's a pic of the man himself putting a way too little kid in one. Yay. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2379430069.313016.330535595068&type=1&theater

Last edited:

southernveg

CrazyBoysMamma said:
Did you see the ummm wanna say Dale Ernhardt Jr. seats they used to have? Creeped me the bleep out. It looked like you're driving around letting your kid sit in some redneck's lap...all I could think of was "hey little boy, you want some candy?":eek:

Bahaha! I seriously just laughed out loud. I thought the exact same thing! No way would that thing be allowed in my car.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
ketchupqueen said:
Does the Dora voice yell "You're not tur-ning!" if you don't follow directions?

LOL! Maybe she goes over the route ahead of time. Like, "First you go over the river. Then you pass through the big rock..."

One of the GPS companies has a Yoda voice, which would be pretty awesome. "Turn here you will."

SavsMom

LOL! Maybe she goes over the route ahead of time. Like, "First you go over the river. Then you pass through the big rock..."

One of the GPS companies has a Yoda voice, which would be pretty awesome. "Turn here you will."

Or maybe when you turn it on the map comes on singing "If there's a place you want to go I can get your there I know, I'm the map, I'm the map..."

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

ETA-Yeah, it's a Dale Earnhardt Jr. seat I was thinking of, look! Here's a pic of the man himself putting a way too little kid in one. Yay. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2379430069.313016.330535595068&type=1&theater

Uh, no, I missed that one. Ew. I thought the Spiderman one was OK, but these others are perhaps a good idea gone wrong.

lourdes

Does anyone know how makes this seat? I look for it online but didn't find it. My Walmart doesn't have it and my curiosity is killing me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC