Ebay?

Auntie2Avi

Why do people buy seats from Ebay that are more expensive from an authorized dealer. I was just looking at the Britax Parkways and the auctions that will be ending soon all had shipping of $25+. I can not imagine that the seat will be less, especially because they were all around $50 now, and with shipping what do you gain? Why not buy the seat from an authorized dealer, at least then you do not have to pay for shipping, or worry that the seller will try to cheat you financially. The only reason i would do it would be if i had money stuck in a paypal account and i needed to use it up.

Any ideas?

ADS

amy919

Honestly, I think a lot of people just assume that because it's on ebay, it's a deal. They obviously don't do any research. It's crazy, isn't it?

Amy

Suzibeck

Honestly, I think a lot of people just assume that because it's on ebay, it's a deal. They obviously don't do any research. It's crazy, isn't it?

Amy

:yeahthat:

I've seen this for other things too, people paying more for a used item than they would spend to buy one new locally. I think some just get caught up in the whole bidding thing.

I got my MA off ebay from an authorized dealer. I would have stopped bidding sooner, but dh came in and wouldn't let it go. We got it for $207 delivered. I think dh was just afraid I'd bid on a Foofy next and he didn't want Foofy in HIS car!

jennsmile

I have purchased 2 seats on ebay. I did my research both times. And saved a few bucks. Okay a lot on my Britax Husky. I spent $175 for a brand new in the box Marina, last october before the kyle video. Now I realize it might not be under warranty. :rolleyes: But I still feel it is safer to have him in the Husky than the Turbobooster he was in. And I was able to get it without waiting for it to be instock. The other seat the savings was not as significant but it was cheaper than at TRU the only place that carried the AO near me.

I wouldn't buy one in the future off of Ebay but that is thanks to info an learning of other sites that sell baby stuff discounted.

My last seat I bought off Amazon when it was on sale. A Radian for $140.

Jenn

amyg530

i think people get addicted to ebay, its easy to get caught up in the thrill of the hunt. i know when i worked in a department store (years b/f i had kids) i would buy all these beautiful dresses for little girls b/c they would be so cheap, even thought i wanted sons. i mean the stuff i would buy was good deals but its still techanicly wasted money if they never get worn. people might not realize the normal prices of what they are buying and i think alot of time they dont think about shipping. i know when i ebay i figure out what i'm willing to spend on whatever it is and then subtract shippng and wont go over that price

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC