Concerned about lack of good advice

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Hi,
I have only posted here a couple times, but I read a lot, and I recognize a lot of you from a while ago from the parent's place car seat board as well. Its that board that I am really getting concerned about. From what I can tell, there are very few techs there at all anymore, and a few posters who mean well are really not giving the best replies sometimes. do any of you more knowledgeable people ever post over there anymore? It saddens me that sometimes people are not getting the best advice, and I sure wish I was a tech so if I posted more that people may take my advice at face value. I don't post there much because of the fact that people there don't "know" me any more, and I'm not sure they woud listen to me or not. Sorry if this is not appropriate to post here, I was just wondering if any of you still lurk or post over there or would be willing to.
Thanks for reading!
Mary, SAHM to Aimee 15, Heather 6 1/2 44 lbs ff Marathon, and Laura almost 4 42 lbs ff Wizard

ADS

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I know it really is too bad, alot of people migrated away from there when the format changed. I don't think they were very wonderful to their CL's either.

R&J'sMom

Hi,
I have only posted here a couple times, but I read a lot, and I recognize a lot of you from a while ago from the parent's place car seat board as well. Its that board that I am really getting concerned about. From what I can tell, there are very few techs there at all anymore, and a few posters who mean well are really not giving the best replies sometimes. do any of you more knowledgeable people ever post over there anymore? It saddens me that sometimes people are not getting the best advice, and I sure wish I was a tech so if I posted more that people may take my advice at face value. I don't post there much because of the fact that people there don't "know" me any more, and I'm not sure they woud listen to me or not. Sorry if this is not appropriate to post here, I was just wondering if any of you still lurk or post over there or would be willing to.
Thanks for reading!
Mary, SAHM to Aimee 15, Heather 6 1/2 44 lbs ff Marathon, and Laura almost 4 42 lbs ff Wizard

Why don't you post a link to our board so the people on that board can come over here and get some good advice?

lynsgirl

iVillage TOS is not friendly to that suggestion at all (posting a link to our board). I wouldn't doubt that someone would end up reporting it and it would get pulled. It makes me sad that it's not the great place it used to be, but Jodi is right - they certainly didn't lavish love on their CLs :( .

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, jsut went there. I hate their setup! Plus you have to pay if you want all the replies on one page? Yuck!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Heehee. I just added my "favorite car safety" web site to my profile. We will see if it lasts.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I used to post over there more but now I spend most of my carseat board time here. :) I haven't gotten reprimanded for posting links over there from time to time to back up some info. I've posted, but it's a fine line sometimes as far as the TOS goes, and the format really is the pits compared to what it once was like. I figure if I get reprimanded, I'll just stop posting over there altogether which I've nearly done already due to time contraints and focusing more over here. iVillage was the first carseat board I ever lurked/posted on, and I'm kind of nostalgic for the board in its prime when it had many posts each day, lol. Now it's a mere shadow of its former self.

scatterbunny

I quit posting there a long time ago. I think it was the first carseat board I ever found. But I hate the format, I hate only being able to read one reply per page unless I pay money. Ridiculous. I don't post much at BabyCenter either only because I hate the format there, too. Good people, great advice, poor format IMO.

cpsaddict

iVillage was my first board, too, but the new format is terrible! It is so slow and I refuse to pay money to read all the replies. Babycenter is better, but not by much. I joined iVillage in, I think, 1999. I read it once in a while, but it takes 15 minutes to load. :thumbsdown:

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
iVillage was my first board, too, but the new format is terrible! It is so slow and I refuse to pay money to read all the replies. Babycenter is better, but not by much. I joined iVillage in, I think, 1999. I read it once in a while, but it takes 15 minutes to load. :thumbsdown:

I left when they started charging. I posted there from early 98 (when you could post pics in your sig using code), went through numerous format changes and finally left in 03 or 04 when they started getting greedy :(

UlrikeDG

I joined ParentsPlace.com in 1997, but left when they started charging money for things like readable board formats.

bbartlettnfld

I used to post there too under a different name, I also left when they changed the format and started to charge for things that used to be free.
BethAnn

Melizerd

I'm there! I promise I only give out advice that I KNOW the answer to. I've often come here dug up the info and then posted the information, like specs of seats or known installation issues.

The reason I often post there is SO that people are getting good advice. I'm not a tech yet but I WILL be if I can get a class in my area.

We can't post links to other boards there though.

Loves2sing

That site sucks. It has a pretty bad format, although I have seen worse.:rolleyes: If you provide a link here, they probably wouldn't like it, because people wouldn't go there anymore.

Jeanum

Staff member
Mel, you're Lola on iVillage, right? I'm slow but I think I finally figured it out, lol. Kudos to you for helping over there. :)

Melizerd

yup that's me :D I try to do what I can because I really like my playgroup there. My PG is the one that made me the blinkie about buying Britax. I've also convinced 3 ladies to turn their toddlers back RFing.

Please let me know if you see something that I goof up on because I'm still learning a lot of things. My desktop is full of information I've gathered.

I think "most" people want to do the right thing but it's hard to know where to look and who to listen to and the research takes too long for most people to do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC