I think Russ is getting tired. (SKJP)

broken4u05

Well i got my new radian yesterday and he had told me before to send back my old seat but i didn't get a shipping label and didn't know where to send it so i sent him an email asking.
I have received the seat and it looks great. I will put it in my car tomorrow. In a past email you told me to send the old seat back to you but i did not receive a shipping label and i am not sure where to ship it. What do you want me to do with my old seat?

And this morning when i checked my email he had sent me this:

It’s plastic and steel so it’s very recyclable. Before you do so, please cut the harness straps close to where they attach to the seat. This insures that after you dispose of it, it cannot be used improperly.

Glad you got your new seat. Please let me know your feedback!

So would you take this as i can keep the seat? There is nothing wrong with it other than it is hard to tighten. But even then it is only really bad on the top slot.

ADS

mommycat

I guess it does sound that way... :) As long as you are careful that it isn't sticking and not tightened properly, looks like you have a spare seat...

supercrunch

In his emails to me, it sounded like the return shipping label would be coming seperately.

His email to me with the tracking number also said...
You will receive a UPS call tag in a few days to send back your current car seat back to us. (You can pack it in the same box in which your new seat arrives.)

I would just hang on to your old Radian, and if a label shows up someday, or SK emails you asking why you never sent it back...you can deal with it then.

But for now, I'd just enjoy the extra Radian :)

momof2kiddos

If you do decicde to keep it I found my radian RF base and my d-ring :eek:

So if you want them let me know and I will ship them too you ;)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I've been waiting for my call tag and shipping label to show up since January when they sent me my new seat... :whistle:

I like waiting sometimes! :D

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well i got my new radian yesterday and he had told me before to send back my old seat but i didn't get a shipping label and didn't know where to send it so i sent him an email asking.

And this morning when i checked my email he had sent me this:

So would you take this as i can keep the seat? There is nothing wrong with it other than it is hard to tighten. But even then it is only really bad on the top slot.

Russ never even mentioned me sending my old one back. :) So now I have two Radians. I won't use it often, but it was made in 10/05, so it's got five and a half years left on it, and if I pay attention and get it tightened properly it's a fine seat. So I'll use it for field trips and such when I need a bunch of seats.

We love the new seat. Piper's been riding in it all week in my truck, and tomorrow it's the first real test as our new travel seat. Two plane installs and a rental car. I can't wait! Russ sent out the shoulder harnesses with it so I don't even need to deal with a bag.

Oh, that reminds me. With the move this week I suspect Russ is getting backed up on emails since he hasn't answered me yet. Does anyone know if you can leave the backpack straps on the seat while installing it? Right now I have them attached to the bottom hooks, but unhooked at the top and laying out of the way on my back seat. I would LOVE to be able to just leave them hooked up and just install the seat with them on, but does anyone know if that's safe. I'm erring on the side of caution, of course, but I'd love to be told it's ok by someone who knows.

Wendy

broken4u05

In his emails to me, it sounded like the return shipping label would be coming seperately.

His email to me with the tracking number also said...
You will receive a UPS call tag in a few days to send back your current car seat back to us. (You can pack it in the same box in which your new seat arrives.)

I would just hang on to your old Radian, and if a label shows up someday, or SK emails you asking why you never sent it back...you can deal with it then.

But for now, I'd just enjoy the extra Radian
I plan on keeping the seat but also he just told me in the email that i can destroy it. What if i did? I couldn't send the seat back than.

Poor Russ, our board is killing him!

I am not being mean to him. I like him and i know he traveling and doing a lot but i think he might be getting his emails mixed up.

If you do decicde to keep it I found my radian RF base and my d-ring
So if you want them let me know and I will ship them too you
Thanks. I think i am going to wait a week or 2 and see if he emails me or sends me a shipping label but if not than yeah i would love to have it. Maybe it will be easier to tighten RF.

supercrunch

I just got my Radian today (and it's granite instead of champagne...*sigh*...at least I can keep my current cover).

I noticed on the invoice, it says "send call tag in 3 days" after the initial entry.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC