4wd...

hanners

We will probably be replacing our 01 Sienna soon. We love it and don't want to get something else, but we bought a house with a steep, long driveway that is hard to get up in WI winters.
So-considering an 06 Pilot or a Sienna with AWD. The safer, the better, of course. Any comments or suggestions?
Thanks!

ADS

hanners

Oh yes, forgot that important tidbit. We have a 5 year old and a RF 2 year old. We would like to have atleast 1 more and possibly 2.

P1ally

With two kids, I'd say the pilot. With 3? No way, you couldn't pay me. Right now I have a 5 passenger suv, and getting 3 kids in and out SUCKS. We're actually selling the SUV and buying an 05-07 sienna. I think you'd do just fine with an awd sienna :)

Chely7425

How old are your kids? Suvs are WAY easier/more practical if you have kids that can buckle themselves vs. needing buckling. We have a van right now but are going to have 4 kids under 4 soon... once they are all a bit older we plan on getting an SUV.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
We had a much-loved Pilot that we traded for a minivan because it was going to be too much of a pain to deal with three kids in the SUV. Not impossible, of course--lots of people do it--just more complicated than I wanted to deal with.

hanners

They are 5 and 2, so not sure if it would work or not.
We had a Pilot a long time ago and loved it, but I'm afraid I will really miss the van...

Chely7425

There are van people and there are... not van people :p We have a van but I am SO not a van person, I get it, why people like them... it really is easy. But I can not WAIT to get an suv.

wavegal

I think a big part of that decision is if the 5 yr old can buckle themself and how long till you want #3, with a possible 4th van for sure

Peony

I had a AWD Sienna, it did awesome in the snow, actually better then my Expedition now. The few winters we had it, we got a ton of snow and never once had an issue. With 3 and then now 4 kids, I really, really miss the sliding doors. My oldest is heavily into sports and we had a cargo space issue with the van which lead us to "upgrade" to an Expedition EL for extra room but the SUV just isn't as practical with smaller children.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC