I'm a Tech! Yay! Questions. =)

nylle

Hey Guys-

I haven't posted here much...I rarely have time with my kids running around like crazy. But my husband did an amazing thing for me and I knew the people here would be able to appreciate it. =)

I've been crasy about seats and safety, and wanting to get certified for a few of years now, but there has never been a class near enough to me, and I've never been able to get child care for all the days. Also, I have a one year old, a two year old (about to turn 2 and 3) and I was due in April, so I've been kind of tied up. =)

Well, our son died at birth on March 28th. We've had a devastating couple of months, and my birthday was last week, and I was NOT looking forward to it. Anyway, as a gift, my husband, all on his own, found a nearby certification course for me, got me approved to join (it was a closed course), got all of our friends to take our kids each day, and has handled getting them to and from their baby sitters every day this week.

It was amazing! I never thought I would be able to take the time to become a tech, and this week has been so cool. The instructor actually thanked me for coming to the class and told her that I had taught her a lot, and we had a lot of fun throught the week. It was really great to be able to get my mind off of everything. I also met the head of the safe kids coalition in our area (Gulf coast, FL) and she invited me to their luncheon next week and is interested in me being an instructor candidate when 6 months have passed.

So now I am officially a CPS tech and totally flipping out excited about it. All the firefighters in my class have decided I'm a huge dork. =)

Anyway, for any techs who have made it this far, what are your favorite online resources? I think I had heard that there was a email list just for techs...could anyone tell me about that? I'd love to hear about anything that helps you stay on top of things.

I just wanted to share this with people who would appreciate it. =) Thanks for reading!

Ellyn
CPS Tech

Ava 8/24/04
Jace 9/21/05
Eli 3/28/07-3/28/07

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
What a great gift idea -- getting involved with keeping kids safe is so often such an effective way for grieving parents to heal.... I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss, but am also so happy for you that you're embarking on this road to help kids! (((((CONGRATS)))))

skaterbabs

I'm so sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your class, and such a sweet hubby. Mine can't even remember his OWN birthday, never mind mine!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC