My sisters radian was stolen!

So, last Friday my sister was moving her radian 65 from her car to (Ford Fusion) to her mom's car. They live on a cul de sac. Anyway, the seat was sitting outside, resting on her car and somebody stole it. She thinks she knows who it was but couldn't prove it. The police came two hours later and made a report. She contacted her insurance company and found out she has a $500 deductible. So....she isn't going to file a claim.

We had already been talking about getting a 2nd seat for the 2nd vehicle and had decided on a GN. My niece will be 4yrs in a week, is 34lbs and 36in.

I gave her my PW to use instead of the lbb they have until we can get the seat replaced. My sis is a FT college student and is looking for a new job and really can't afford a new seat until she gets a paycheck. I am going to buy her a new seat in the next few weeks. I am hoping that someone knows of some good deals on a girly GN! If you know of any deals going on, please link me! My niece is pretty mature, as in she doesn't undo the buckle or try to squirm out of the seatbelt for short trips (the gma had been using a lbb in her car!)

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it!

ADS

christineka

That's a bummer! I recently had my radian sitting outside in my cul-de-sac, but it just got pooped on (by a bird).

I believe target has the nautilus on sale this week.

JerseyGirl'sMama

And Babies R Us is having their 'Great Trade-In Event' of 25% off when you trade in any gear item. Starts the 26th thru September 18th.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Are you planning to harness her in the GN? (You mentioned that she was mature, doesn't try to squirm out of the seat belt, etc.) Just want to be sure. If she won't be harnessed a GN wouldn't be my first choice.

Yes, she lives in a big city. Her neighbors aren't the best people either. The person she thinks took it, the only time she sees him walking is when he has his dog. He lives on the opposite side of the circle. She saw him walk by on their side though with no dog. He would be going out of his way if he were going somewhere. It struck her as odd at the moment but she didn't think much of it, until she went out with the other car keys to move the seat. It was gone! She called me in tears. I feel so bad for her. She loves the PW. Her dd fell asleep in it and it held her so nicely. She has promised me a pic : )

I hope so also. I have been watching the CL. I have thought of posting about it on there but wanted to see if it turned up.

mamakc

did she register the seat? If so maybe SKJP...I mean Diono ;) will have the model # or serial # on record to use to catch him if he tries to sell it.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Wow, that's awful!! I've left mine sitting on the front porch before while switching between cars and stuff and briefly thought about that... but then I figured based on my neighbor's rates of misuse, none of them would even know it's an expensive seat.

I keep thinking about the misuse factor, this isn't an ordinary seat like a scenera that is pretty straightforward. Sigh.... Well, not much we can do.

tam_shops

Wow, that totally sucks! I am so sorry! On top of CL I'd keep my eye open in the cars in the area, just in case...if one suddenly turns up and you have the serial number and/or other identifying marks on it, there is always a chance.

That is just so sad...Great lesson for all of us though, I'd have thought nothing of leaving my seat(s) out side for a few minutes...now I will!

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC