baby #6 on the way

Kel

Hi Ladies, baby #6 is on the way! I have a perfectly good baby trend infant bucket, 22lb, but....lol. It's hard not to look for a new one. My seat came with my jogger. It was only used 8-9mos. I should use it again, but theres so many prettier seats, you know, lol. So WWYD?

Also #5 will be 23mos when the new one comes, and I'm thinking of skipping the double stroller, and buying new baby a good carrier. What do you think? Any good carriers you loved?

ADS

momtotwogirls

If your going to get a carrier anyway id go straight to a convertible than use the bucket if you go out to eat and need a place to set baby or something. For carriers, I only had a wrap and I LOVED it as did my kids, it was The Ultimate Baby Wrap but its the same concept as a sleepy wrap. :)
Congrats on the babe!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Congratulations!

You know, if you like the carrier you have but just want a prettier cover, there are a bunch of gorgeous new covers for Baby Trend seats. You could just order a replacement.

bnsnyde

For baby #4 we had a perfectly good Companion that would have gone to 9 mos. if he fit that long. It went through 3 kids and was like new.

But I got the Chaperone. Had a carseat itch, I think. Plus, I wanted to get through winter with it and it fit bigger babies. That was reason #1.
And I got a Joovey Sit and Stand for the almost 2-year-old and newborn. Love it!!!!!

Kel

Sorry, by carrier I mean babywearing thing, lol. I've had a couple that made my shoulders ache. But I've never tried a wrap. Maybe I'll give one a try. How about the britax carrier, anyone try that one?

Will the new covers fit a baby trend a couple yrs old? Hmmm... I better go take a look.

Kel

Does your 2yr old sit nicely on the sit an stand? I always picture my kids jumping off and running away, lol.

iiicrazycats

I love my ERGO carrier! We bought it secondhand when DD was ~6m so I can't speak to how it works w a newborn (but I know it DOES work w newborns). You can wear baby front or back and can nurse in it. It's awesome! DD is currently ~25# and I much prefer to wear her in the ERGO for day hikes/shopping over the aluminum frame back pack (CHICCO) we have. It's a little rigid and longer than my torso. DH prefers the frame back pack.

I've tried the Maya Wrap but felt the strain of the one shoulder carry fairly quickly (say ~20#?). and the Bjorn-style carriers pulled and strained my back and shoulders fairly quickly as baby got heavier. Not to mention they don't accommodate a toddler.

I never got to try a Moby Wrap although they look very comfy for a newborn.

NannyMom

I liked the sleepy wrap for when the baby was tiny. But as she grew, it would stretch too much :( I LOVE the Ergo.

Eresh

A stretchy wrap like a moby, sleepy wrap, or gypsymama stretch is great for little babies. There is a little bit of a learning curve with wraps but there are lots of demos on YouTube. You can pre-tie stretchy wraps and pop baby in and out of it fairly easily.

Later on I can't recommend enough getting a good soft structured carrier such as an ergo, beco, boba, or babyhawk oh snap. Ergos seem to be the most common but they also have the shortest back so may not fit a tall baby very well.

I would recommend against the new britax carrier, snuglis, and baby bjorns. They don't hold babies in a healthy position for their spines, are frequently uncomfortable for adults to carry for extended periods, are outgrown by size and weight fairly early, and can only be worn for front carries. In the baby wearing community we call them crotch danglers :). By way of comparison, I went for a walk last night for about two miles with my 21+ lb 10mo on my back in my soft structured carrier and had zero discomfort (and I'm not shall we say physically fit).

I personally love my bamberoo carrier but that's going to run you more than a mass market carrier. I also use woven wraps a lot and keep a ring sling around for short jaunts. My boys are 3y6m and 10m and I found a good single stroller and a carrier works very well for us.

I agree with the PP...i went without the bucket for my last baby and just put her in my ring sling when she was little and as she grew we got a baby hawk that tied around my back and waist and i LOVED that thing it was so easy to nurse her in it and as she got bigger she loved being on my back while i did chores in the house and even outside stuff to.

Kel

Thanks for the replies! I've got plenty of time, but can't wait to get shopping! Every baby gets new things, even #6, lol!

I looked up the ergo this morning, love the sping green color. Can it be used foward facing? My babies always want to look where their going, lol.

Also like the moby wrap, nice price to. Does a wrap do better with a newborn? My babies tend to be large, like 9lbs 3oz, so maybe skip to the ergo?

As far as the bucket goes, I think I'll use the baby trend I have. I can always leave it in the van and ware baby. I'll put the carseat money on the ergo or wrap instead!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC