leather oobr

ADS

mamom

I'm sure it will sell. The old leather carseats always did. I am sure that someone with a luxury car (or regular) would rather have this than bright colors...Just not me :)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm sure it will sell. The old leather carseats always did. I am sure that someone with a luxury car (or regular) would rather have this than bright colors...Just not me :)

:yeahthat: It's nicely tailored, so I'm sure I'll see some in the Mercedes and Range Rovers we have around here.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Nobody says "Peel off your child and enjoy" when people buy a car with leather seats. I don't understand why there is suck shock at putting a 5-6 year old in a leather booster. Why is that kid any more uncomfortable than the 11 year old in just a seat belt?

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Nobody says "Peel off your child and enjoy" when people buy a car with leather seats. I don't understand why there is suck shock at putting a 5-6 year old in a leather booster. Why is that kid any more uncomfortable than the 11 year old in just a seat belt?

I have very specific and vivid memories of sticking to hot leather seats as a kid. When it's over 100 degrees outside and 80% humidity, leather seats can be extremely uncomfortable. I had a burning sensation in my butt the first time I saw the leather Monterey.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If I didn't have gray leather interior, I'd be all over it. It looks grown-up and it would look fantastic on darker leather, which some people would really go for (especially the grandpa types, I'd think).

We don't live in a hot place so leather is not uncomfortable.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have very specific and vivid memories of sticking to hot leather seats as a kid. When it's over 100 degrees outside and 80% humidity, leather seats can be extremely uncomfortable. I had a burning sensation in my butt the first time I saw the leather Monterey.

I'm not saying sticking and burning doesn't happen, I just don't understand why the idea extending to car seats is seen as so radical when leather is a desired luxury in a car.

Also, FWIW, good quality leather is very nice to sit on as long as it isn't burning hot. I much prefer it to textured fabric.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yeah the cheap plasticy leather is the painful stuff. Nice soft supple leather is much more forgiving

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm not saying sticking and burning doesn't happen, I just don't understand why the idea extending to car seats is seen as so radical when leather is a desired luxury in a car.

Also, FWIW, good quality leather is very nice to sit on as long as it isn't burning hot. I much prefer it to textured fabric.

We have "luxury" cars with leather and I hate it. I'd much rather have cloth seats over leather any day, but it simply wasn't an option. Our leather is light gray in both cars and even with tinted windows, it's extremely uncomfortable when it's 105+ out.

I can see the leather being a desired option on a carseat simply because it's easier to clean with a spill. But here in the extreme hot--no way. Now maybe if they included a seat warmer in it, it'd be a top seller in cooler climes. :thumbsup:

luckyclov

Oh, my. That's...definitely a leather Oobr.

I think it'll be appealing to ceratin consumers.

I don't like it...but I don't like leather. Not in my vehicle, not on my child restraints, not on my chaps (if I wore chaps, that is). I just don't like it.

monstah

I will never go back to cloth seats again if I can avoid it. I hate cloth seats. Thankfully, I live in New England and not the Sahara. ;)

If they made a leather Oobr that matched the leather in my car, I'd totally buy it. Especially since I keep my kids in boosters longer than normal (compared to the general population) it wont stick out quite as much to their peers as say, a red rock FR85 on my tan leather. KWIM?

mish

When I saw it I thought of all of the parents that turn their kids forward facing because it is too hot to rear face.Some of these same people will put their kids in a leather booster seat.

We have leather seats in one car and cloth in the other. I hate the leather seats. Hate them! I hate my legs sticking to them and them burning when I get in during summer. I wouldn't even consider a leather car seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC