Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Chicco Keyfit in Limonata

So, Albeebaby just got this seat in and I the color. Has anyone seen it IRL? Is it pretty true to pictures, brighter, or lighter? Give me a reason to not want this as I DO NOT need another infant seat for this baby.
    Kristina --
    Niece Breanna 2/13/2007

Daughter #1 Emilee 4/1/2008
    Daughter #2 Ella 2/15/12

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Chicco Keyfit in Limonata

I have one It's not as bright as the pics show, it is very soft where the gray is which is I why I bought it, it's not backpacky like the others. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not with Pumpkin, I'm waiting on the rattania collection to come out at brus. I bought the limonata there while it was on sale a few weeks ago so if I like the other one better, I'm hoping I can just exchange it. Anyways back on topic I'll get pics of it for you.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

Okay here's some pics Some of the reviews on brus say the fabric snags easily, but idk yet.

I <3 it in person, I have been considering getting pregnant just to have an excuse to buy it lol I think its brighter in person that what I was seeing on websites but the pics about are pretty true to IRL color
    Jocelynn Makena 02/20/07 riding in a britax parkway knight sg and pink cub sgl
    Corbin James 07/27/2013 riding in a britax cowmooflage marathon and laguna boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Okay here's some pics Some of the reviews on brus say the fabric snags easily, but idk yet.
    I wonder how big of a concern that really is for an infant seat though. For the vast majority of the time they're in the seat, if not the whole time they're in the seat, they're not wearing shoes, and that seems to be the biggest culprit of snagging. It seems like most of the 12mos and under crowd rock the Robeez.

I had a son with reflux, so my biggest concern with a light colored seat like that is how gross it would look after it had been spit up on a lot. It seems to me that it might get discolored really easily. I had Fuego and loved how easy it was to wipe clean with the slick fabric. I used that carseat pretty hard and it still looks pretty nice, especially after I washed it.
    Daniel 7.5.2010 @ 24.6lbs/33.5in in a Cowmoo MA70/MyRide70 in our 2009 Subaru Impreza or 2001 Volvo S40

I thought I read on the Amazon reviews that the fabric snags really easily? I love the color though!

Spam, thanks for the pics! : ) So, I love this seat. Do you think the material is hot or breathable? That will be the deciding factor for me.
    Kristina --
    Niece Breanna 2/13/2007

Daughter #2 Ella 2/15/12

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
    I wonder how big of a concern that really is for an infant seat though. For the vast majority of the time they're in the seat, if not the whole time they're in the seat, they're not wearing shoes, and that seems to be the biggest culprit of snagging. It seems like most of the 12mos and under crowd rock the Robeez.

I had a son with reflux, so my biggest concern with a light colored seat like that is how gross it would look after it had been spit up on a lot. It seems to me that it might get discolored really easily. I had Fuego and loved how easy it was to wipe clean with the slick fabric. I used that carseat pretty hard and it still looks pretty nice, especially after I washed it.
    I'm more concerned with just basic dirt, the yellow is pretty light and with two other boys that like to touch things, I don't know how well it's going to look if I end up using it. I've had spitters, but they didn't really get it all over their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasmama View Post
    I thought I read on the Amazon reviews that the fabric snags really easily? I love the color though!
    Yeah, the reviews a brus say the same thing. I guess where the velcro is on the canopy it snags. I haven't used it so I don't know. I don't know how perfect some think their seat should look while it's being used either.

Quote Originally Posted by krfogle88 View Post
    Spam, thanks for the pics! : ) So, I love this seat. Do you think the material is hot or breathable? That will be the deciding factor for me.
    I think it's breatheable. It seems more breatheable than the backpack like material anyways to me. Good luck making your decision!

Carseat Crazy

I have this seat and while it is gorgeous, it does snag REALLY easily. I don't have a problem with her snagging it, the problem is when I'm getting her in and out- I'm constantly catching my wedding ring on it. I've learned to turn my ring around to minimize the snagging, but it still makes me mad since this was a $$$ seat. It also snags if you bump it on a doorway, bump the canopy into something, etc.

ETA- I missed the other questions. I don't think it is too hot. There were a few weeks here where it was REALLY hot and she didn't seem too uncomfortable or sweaty.

I washed it for the first time last weekend. Her head insert was looking pretty grimy before, but it washed up really nicely. I haven't had a problem with the yellow part looking dirty either and she's spit up plenty of times in it!

Overall, I love the seat, it's so plush and soft and comfy! (and SO easy to use) If only it didn't snag so darn easily!
    Last edited by emntheboys; 08-23-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: needed to answer other questions
    Emily, mom to
    C- 9 yrs, 74 lbs, Topside & LiteRider
    A- 6 yrs, 48 lbs, Vivo & HB Turbo
    C- 3, 33lbs, Roundabout 50, Radian & Pioneer

I think I am going to choose another pattern I definitely think that the snagging would be an issue for me since I snag stuff ALL THE TIME now as it is, and the fabric, etc I snag isn't that "snaggable." Thank you ladies for the info, it has saved me some frustration I may have had if I bought this.
    Kristina --
    Niece Breanna 2/13/2007

Daughter #2 Ella 2/15/12