Chicco Keyfit in Limonata

krfogle88

So, Albeebaby just got this seat in and I :love: the color. Has anyone seen it IRL? Is it pretty true to pictures, brighter, or lighter? Give me a reason to not want this as I DO NOT need another infant seat for this baby. :rolleyes:

ADS

Spam

I have one :) It's not as bright as the pics show, it is very soft where the gray is which is I why I bought it, it's not backpacky like the others. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not with Pumpkin, I'm waiting on the rattania collection to come out at brus. I bought the limonata there while it was on sale a few weeks ago so if I like the other one better, I'm hoping I can just exchange it. Anyways back on topic I'll get pics of it for you.

Spam

Okay here's some pics :D Some of the reviews on brus say the fabric snags easily, but idk yet.

100_2763.jpg
100_2764.jpg

Jocey'sMommy

I <3 it in person, I have been considering getting pregnant just to have an excuse to buy it lol I think its brighter in person that what I was seeing on websites but the pics about are pretty true to IRL color

SeattleRain

Okay here's some pics :D Some of the reviews on brus say the fabric snags easily, but idk yet.

I wonder how big of a concern that really is for an infant seat though. For the vast majority of the time they're in the seat, if not the whole time they're in the seat, they're not wearing shoes, and that seems to be the biggest culprit of snagging. It seems like most of the 12mos and under crowd rock the Robeez.

I had a son with reflux, so my biggest concern with a light colored seat like that is how gross it would look after it had been spit up on a lot. It seems to me that it might get discolored really easily. I had Fuego and loved how easy it was to wipe clean with the slick fabric. I used that carseat pretty hard and it still looks pretty nice, especially after I washed it.

krfogle88

Spam, thanks for the pics! : ) So, I love this seat. Do you think the material is hot or breathable? That will be the deciding factor for me.

Spam

I wonder how big of a concern that really is for an infant seat though. For the vast majority of the time they're in the seat, if not the whole time they're in the seat, they're not wearing shoes, and that seems to be the biggest culprit of snagging. It seems like most of the 12mos and under crowd rock the Robeez.

I had a son with reflux, so my biggest concern with a light colored seat like that is how gross it would look after it had been spit up on a lot. It seems to me that it might get discolored really easily. I had Fuego and loved how easy it was to wipe clean with the slick fabric. I used that carseat pretty hard and it still looks pretty nice, especially after I washed it.

I'm more concerned with just basic dirt, the yellow is pretty light and with two other boys that like to touch things, I don't know how well it's going to look if I end up using it. I've had spitters, but they didn't really get it all over their seats.

I thought I read on the Amazon reviews that the fabric snags really easily? I love the color though!

Yeah, the reviews a brus say the same thing. I guess where the velcro is on the canopy it snags. I haven't used it so I don't know. I don't know how perfect some think their seat should look while it's being used either.

Spam, thanks for the pics! : ) So, I love this seat. Do you think the material is hot or breathable? That will be the deciding factor for me.

I think it's breatheable. It seems more breatheable than the backpack like material anyways to me. Good luck making your decision!

emntheboys

I have this seat and while it is gorgeous, it does snag REALLY easily. :mad: I don't have a problem with her snagging it, the problem is when I'm getting her in and out- I'm constantly catching my wedding ring on it. I've learned to turn my ring around to minimize the snagging, but it still makes me mad since this was a $$$ seat. It also snags if you bump it on a doorway, bump the canopy into something, etc.

ETA- I missed the other questions. I don't think it is too hot. There were a few weeks here where it was REALLY hot and she didn't seem too uncomfortable or sweaty.

I washed it for the first time last weekend. Her head insert was looking pretty grimy before, but it washed up really nicely. I haven't had a problem with the yellow part looking dirty either and she's spit up plenty of times in it!

Overall, I love the seat, it's so plush and soft and comfy! (and SO easy to use) If only it didn't snag so darn easily!

Last edited:

krfogle88

I think I am going to choose another pattern :( I definitely think that the snagging would be an issue for me since I snag stuff ALL THE TIME now as it is, and the fabric, etc I snag isn't that "snaggable." Thank you ladies for the info, it has saved me some frustration I may have had if I bought this.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC