I'm a woman on a mission!

oxeye

I've been looking at craigslist every day and e-mailing people who are looking for a used toddler car seat in the 35-40 range. I've recommended the Scenera to both. The first one e-mailed me back and said she was going to go buy on that day! Yay! And I just e-mailed the second. I hope I have as good a response from her.

This is my new mission this summer. :)

Hmm, now maybe I should go buy one myself just to say I have one! LOLOL I own 6 car seats right now. I might as well add one more to the mix, right? :eek:

ADS

mommycat

Are they all used in different vehicles, or do you use whatever you are in the mood for? :lol: I own a bunch of seats, too, but they spread out between family members...

I would certainly buy a Scenara if I could get one here for $40. Just to have it, in case.

oxeye

Are they all used in different vehicles, or do you use whatever you are in the mood for? :lol: I own a bunch of seats, too, but they spread out between family members...

I would certainly buy a Scenara if I could get one here for $40. Just to have it, in case.

Different cars. We only *need* 4 seats - two for each car. When the girls start daycare DH is dropping off and I'm picking up so I wouldn't want to switch car seats constantly.

The other two I'm not using because well, two of them aren't even here yet, LOL (one should be here today or tomorrow and the other should be here next week).

I don't know what I'd use a Scenera for. It just might be nice to have. LOL

oxeye

amyg530 and Judi - I've got two for sale.

I have a 2/06 DOM Tiffany DC that I *think* is sold but until I actually have the money in hand, I'm not counting on it. It's worth about $210-220 based on that used car seat price calculation but I've been offering $180-190 just to get it out of here! LOL It's been a craigslist nightmare with that one. :(

The other is a brand-new cowmoo MA that I have listed on the swap board here. It's the replacement for my oldest MA with the broken base, but I decided to sell the replacement when I get it because I wanted a BV for DD2 in the main car (to match DD1's Regent, LOL). I've been asking $200 for the cowmoo + shipping but shipping costs to the east coast are a little ridiculous. So if I sell it on here I think it'll have to go to someone not too far from me (NV).

mommycat

In that case I have you beat. hehe

I have 8 seats - 4 AOEs, a slightly expired infant carrier I have yet to dispose of, 2 Radians and a Marathon. And I only have 1 kid! (and one on the way I will be buying a SS1 soon, as well as another Radian/MA...).

But the Radians and Marathon are brand new additions and we have the seats spread out between 5 vehicles, since daycare dropoff/pickup is always changing between me, DH and all 4 grandparents...

Point being, I don't think you are crazy at all!!! Go for it, buy the Scenara!

oxeye

Ooh, I hope we don't need the grandparents to get the kids very often from daycare. If they do I'll kick myself for selling the two extra seats. :eek:

I guess I could just switch cars with them if they ever need to get the girls. My school is close enough to where the girls will be.

Or I could buy two Sceneras for their car ..... LOL

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have no kids in car seats. But I am look to buy a BLVD, MA and Radian for a little girl I babysit a couple times a month. But if I count all the ready to be destroyed seats (just got a 99 On My Way today) and non profit seats at my house, I must have 30 or more!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC