Radian Successful Install Thread

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
RF Radian 80 SuperCool installed with seatbelt and Lock Tite clip (base attached per instructions for RF seats) DS almost 1 y.o. 25 lbs, 31 inches.

I'm guessing you mean the locking clip? The metal "H" looking clip that came with the seat? I just wanted to make sure you weren't talking about the mighty tite. ;)

ADS

Mommy2Five

Third row of our 1998 Pontiac Montana :)
All seatbelt installs
Not checked yet, but all are indpendantly rock solid.

3 FF Radian 65s
IMG_0032-1.jpg

RF/FF/FF Radian 65s
IMG_0038.jpg

Tara

'98 Ford Expedition
Leather seats.
Driver's side outboard, 3rd row.
FF
Lap/shoulder belt install.
Great fit.

Easy install.

Um, I'm a tech so, uh, I guess this time I can actually say it's been checked by a tech :)

Last edited:

jacks1

Anyone know or have experience in installing rearfacing in a 2000 Montana Van- no latch. Is it possible?- I have not bought it yet as I its a final sale if I do.

TIA

Mommy2Five

I have a RF RN in our "98 Montana. Right now it's in the 3rd row, but I'll try it in the captains chair later tonight and let you know how it installs!

Anyone know or have experience in installing rearfacing in a 2000 Montana Van- no latch. Is it possible?- I have not bought it yet as I its a final sale if I do.

TIA

I know that this is an old thread, but it totally helped me, so:

Dodge Grand Caravan 2006
FF
captains chairs and
40/60 third row - center of the 60 side with latch and top tether
rock-solid, finally, after 2 years of seat belt installs (in other cars) that moved too much (although less than an inch)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
1999 Dodge Caravan

Good install FF on middle bench centre position. Needed to flip male buckle 180° to stop belt from slipping loose. Top tethered to post-manufacture tether point. Recline base not used.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
2005 Nissan Quest

3rd row out board posstion with Lap and Sholder belt
no tether
had to twist buckle stalk 3 full times and use the recline in the radian
Would be much easier with 2 people as it does take putting a lot of weight into it and Using ARL you need to buckle pull, unbuckle let t click back 1 time and then rebuckle is VERY VERY HARD but it was doable by me alone at 120lbs! LOL

2nd row LATCH installs just fine

3rd row middle LATCH installs in minutes and just fine again

I'm a tech so it's checked

lilysmomma

*2004 Dodge Caliber
RF center with seatbelt-Rock solid
Check by cpsaddict(Jacky)

*2003 or 2004 PT Cruiser
RF center with seatbelt-Acceptable but not rock solid
Not checked by a tech

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I can't find the Radian successful install thread

so I'm posting to remind myself to do a better search later.

I have a Mazda 626 as a rental today while mine is being worked on. I'm pretty sure it's a 2008. The Radian installed center rear, seatbelt and top tether, no front to back movement and less than 1/4" side-to-side (basically, I can barely budge it if I try -- it's not going anywhere, but I can't call it "rock solid"). Easy installation, but I'm a Radian veteran.

Oh, and I'm a CPST, so it was checked and deemed acceptable.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC