ff outboard with latch or seatbelt, easy, not checked

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

rf outboard with seatbelt, worked
ff outboard with seatbelt, not going to happen

ADS

bombedier

Senior Community Member
2006 Honda CRV**:
RF - Center - Lower Anchors with tether to passenger side chair rail. **Just noting for the record that this isn't an allowable installation because the 2006 CRV has outboard sets of lower LATCH anchors only, and Honda does not allows "borrowing" of the the outboard lower anchors to do a center lower LATCH installation, nor does Sunshine Kids allow borrowing of outboard anchors to install the Radian with LATCH in the center. **

2004 Honda CRV:
FF - Outboard Passenger - Seatbelt with Top Tether

2005 Mercury Mountaineer:
FF - Outboard Driver - Full LATCH

1999 Toyota Camry:
RF - Center - Shoulder Belt with tether to passenger side chair rail

Last edited by a moderator:

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
2001 Acura MDX 2nd row outboard and center with seatbelt, FF. Twisted seatbelt stalk 3X, Recline foot extended, reclined seatback while tightening belt and raised seatback upright. Rock solid in the center, minimal movement outboard.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT, 3rd row outboard, FF with seatbelt. Rock solid.

KsJET

'05 Town & Country w/Stow 'n Go:

We now have two FF in the 3rd row 70/30 bench seat.

#1 - outboard using lap/shoulder belt with no top tether (there is only one in the 3rd row) and is very solid. I used aidensmom02's instructions of pushing DOWN and not back with my knee to get it tight.

#2 - center using LATCH. This was an easy install and is rock solid.

These have been checked by a tech who said they are perfect.

Misty-Bug

1991 Toyota tercel
RFing passenger side outboard. Shoulder belt, non-locking used with the locking clip
top tether

rock solid install

Misty-Bug

sorry, non of my installs have been checked by a tech, except visually on here. No one has had experience with it up her. LOL. The one guy I did see said it was a great install but he had also never seen them before

Amanda&3boys

After much help from Jen (aidensmom02) I was able to install my Radian
2007 Toyota Camry
RF Outboard with LATCH/tethered
FF outboard with seat belt and tethered
Hasn't been checked by a tech yet

lovinwaves

2005+ Odyssey "8th Seat" Rear-facing seatbelt only position (tough install) Helps to have two people

Scion TC Coupe Forward-facing LATCH outboard (easy install), and rearfacing LATCh outboard position.

Last edited:

Misty-Bug

oops..........I wrote this already....... I meant to write........

2000 Mazda Protege, Sedan
RFing passenger rear
top tethered
shoulder belt
solid install and tight fit up front but enough to sit.

Misty-Bug

1991 Ford Exlporer
RFing, passenger side outboard rear
lap/shoulder belt, non-locking used with a locking clip.
solid install
top tethered.

the seat did suck RIGHT into the vehicle seat and I find it a little hard to tighten and loosen the seat but it works well. Couldn't figure out the center and wasn't comfortable with it. Not checked by a tech. Guess I am bad cause the seats aren't.....:$

cdncasper

2008 Honda Civic (4 dr)

FF outboard (driver & passanger)
LATCH & seatbelt
rock solid
with and without adjustable base
Headrests removed
Checked by me

Chex

2005 Honda Odyssey

FFing 3rd row driver's side outboard seat
with seatbelt (no top tether)
PITB!!! Took me forever to get a good, solid install
3 buckle stalk turns, pulling seatbelt out the front of the carseat to get it tighter (better leverage), kneeling on the bottom w/one knee, pushing on the back with the other, reclining the seat back and then pushing it back up into the carseat...and after all that, it's finally a tight install (not rock solid, but less than an inch movement).

FFing 2nd row captain's chair w/LATCH and top tether
Much easier install, very rock solid

Neither of these installs has been checked by a tech yet.

My only concern on the captain's chair is that the belt path is so low that the LATCH adjuster (tightener) is on the edge of the belt path. Not teetering, but it comes right up to the mouth of the belt path. Is this bad?

-Ann

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Adding:

FFing and RFing with LATCH outboard in a 2004 Audi A4 wagon.

FFing with the belt in the middle. Took a lot of work: put FFing foot down, reached through the beltpath to tighten, unbuckled and let it click back a couple of times, stood on the side of the seat to get it back buckled. But it went in. :)

RFing in the center with the belt was impossible.

Wendy

momto2Es

Senior Community Member
'01 GMC Sierra extended-cab:
LATCH, RF, center back seat
LATCH FF, center back seat
-between a RF Scenera & a Platinum CarGo

'05 Grand Caravan
LATCH, FF middle bench
lap/shoulder, FF rear bench outboard
LATCH, FF rear bench

'01 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
lap/shoulder, FF - outboard back seat

'04 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
lap/shoulder, RF - center back seat

All installs were nice & tight. The stupid top tether anchor in the Sport Trac is a PITA though (behind the seat), but then again, so is the one in the GMC truck (tether has to be threaded through loop & hooked to neighboring anchor). All installed by either DH or me (both techs)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Radian 65 in a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab.

pics here

RF outboard with lap/shoulderbelt rock solid, but had to move passenger seat all the way foward and almost completely upright.

RF outboard with LATCH Rock solid

RF Center with lap/shoulderbelt Rock solid

FF outboard with LATCH Rock solid

FF outboard with lap/shoulder belt Rock solid had to twist the buckle stalk 2 times

FF center with lap/shoulderbelt rock solid with 2 twists

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC