Chevy & Saturn Vans?

Momto3Divaz

Saturday we drove 2 hours to see what we thought was going to be an '07 Caravan and instead was told when we arrived that it had break issues and maybe some other issues but they had a 05 Chevy Uplander and an Saturn Relay both exactly the same with DVD player both white miles were 70k and 90k. I backed out and said I needed time to think. What I was really thinking was I know I read on these threads not so good reviews :confused: They were looking for other vehicles for us but these are our only choices at this moment.

Cons? Pros?

ADS

livsmum

I have a Pontiac Montana (2002), which is the same as the Chevy and even the Saturn.

I love this car. It's an 8-seater, and great for carseats.

What I don't like is its less than stellar safety ratings. This is why I'm hoping to replace it with an '08 Sienna soon.

Maybe the safety improved in the later models that you're looking at, I'm not quite sure.

jess71903

Ambassador
I think the issues with them was the safety ratings, specifically really bad side impact ratings. I just looked up the 2007s though, and it looks like they got good ratings, so I guess they fixed the problem.

Momto3Divaz

:) Okay and safety is a key factor, I am back to the drawing board I know I want a 06 or newer Kia ahhhh.... This dealer is just not working for us.

Mags462

I don't own an Uplander but have a friend that does - she has had some mechanical problems with it.... but it's still running with 140K on it.

And if a Kia is an option i would definitely choose that over Chevy/Saturn any day.... but that's just me :)

Momto3Divaz

I am also concerned about mechanical issues Ive had a Durango Tranny died, a Caravan Tranny died on that too both 2001 models =( The Caravan we bought with $3900 cash and it only lasted 6 months!! So now we are cashless and are only getting approved at these buy here pay here type places. I do not want to end up making large monthly payments on a van that needs repairs often.

livsmum

I am also concerned about mechanical issues Ive had a Durango Tranny died, a Caravan Tranny died on that too both 2001 models =( The Caravan we bought with $3900 cash and it only lasted 6 months!! So now we are cashless and are only getting approved at these buy here pay here type places. I do not want to end up making large monthly payments on a van that needs repairs often.

My 2002 Pontiac Montana drives wonderfully, with just 80K miles on it. We've had no problems in the two years we've owned it.

But like someone else said, if you could get a 2006ish Kia, I'd do that.

Make sure you don't get screwed by the dealer, those kind of places are notorious for that kind of thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC