Can I put other seats in? 1992 Suburban

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I may be getting a 92 Suburban next weekend. It does not have headrests. Will another year (and which) seats fit?

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

I have a 92 Gas Hog (Suburban). I just asked hubby, he says seats up to 1997 out of another Suburban will fit...he doesn't remember when they started putting headrests in them, but he thinks 96 and 97 should have headrests on the benches outboard.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
1313986914.jpg

1313986918.jpg

1313986917.jpg

babygirlsmom1005

Looks just like my 92 (other than mine is a greenish blue). Is this the 92 or 99?

Mike went to bed, so any questions will have to wait till tomorrow about them LOL

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
A 96 or 97 will have 2nd row outboard headrests, but just those. There was a thread recently about someone who had found a way to retrofit headrests though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC