Question Evenflo Generations headrest not going below a certain level

data0213

I have an Evenflo Generations car seat. I took out the cover to wash it and I forgot how the flap fits into the head rest. The flap does not allow the headrest to go below a certain level.

What am I doing wrong? Should I try to jam in the flap between the spring portion of the headrest and the back of the car seat? Is there a trick to this?

Thanks for your help,
MT

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Hi there and welcome! I am not familiar with that particular seat but there will be someone here who is that comes along! I wondered though if you'd checked the manual? Some manufacturers have instructions on removing/replacing the cover so take a peak there and see if Evenflo does.

data0213

TechnoGranola,

Yeah, I checked the manual but it did not have any information about it. The pictures on the website show that the flap is hidden behind the headrest and I don't remember running into the flap when I used to put my daughter into the seat in the past.

Thanks,
MT

mommycat

Hello MT, I am not sure exactly what you mean since I have not "undressed" a Generations seat before, but I looked up the manual online to see if I could figure it out. I had to find a random model # to get a manual on the Evenflo site, so it may not be exactly the same as yours. Is this the same manual as your?
https://plweb.evenflo.com/ShowDocument.aspx?ManualID=516

Page 33 talks about removing the cover and it says to remove the headrest in order to do so, and to pop it back on after the seat pad is placed on the shell. Did you have the headrest removed? If not, then doing so may solve the issue if I am imagining the flap that you are talking about correctly. If this is not the issue and I am misunderstanding, then maybe a picture would help (or someone who has a Generations might chime in).

data0213

Mommycat,

That's the correct manual.

I did remove the headrest to take the cover off. if you look at the picture (I attached it to this post), the flap is supposed to go back under the headrest. So, I did put the cover on first and then put the headrest back on.

The problem is that the flap covers the grooves that allow the headrest adjustment. So, when you try to go to a setting below the top two or three, the headrest just does not rest in the groove correctly.

Thanks,
MT

mommycat

I don't know, I think I would have to see it to figure it out. If I stumble across anyone who has a Generations I will send them this way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC