Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Town & Country.....did I buy the wrong vehicle?

I searched and searched for a looooong time and finally decided on the T&C, found one I wanted, someone else got it first, waited more, got an even nicer one 2 weeks later, then came here and I see there is an issue (or maybe WAS) with the Gen 3 seatbelts. I went out and looked and the front belts seem to be the Gen 4 ones, just judging from the little bump on the stalk. I got a 2006 model and I absolutely love it. I am just sick here thinking I made a bad decision. I just realized my almost 6 yo is at the limit for the LATCH connectors, plus he's at the height limit on the Boulevard anyhow, so I have to either get a Regent or a Recaro Start for him....either way, a seat belt installation. I'll trade this thing out asap if my belts are not good though, someone please tell me that I really do have Gen 4 belts and this problem is not still an issue. Everything I found online was dated 2002-2003.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Re: Town & Country.....did I buy the wrong vehicle?

I don't know for sure about the 06 T&C but I wanted to bump this up for you!
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

I'm pretty sure that '03 was the last year they had Gen 3 belts in the back.

Wondering1 seems to be really knowledgeable on the subject. Maybe PM her?
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

grimmster

Yep, 2003 was the last year. All 2004 + has the gen 4, so enjoy your vehicle. I love our 2004 T&C

Senior Community Member R&J'sMom's Avatar

The 2006 does NOT have the Gen 3 seatbelts. We purchased our 2006 T & C last year and we checked into this issue prior to purchasing the minivan. Do not worry, it is a very safe van!

Thank you! I saw that you had the same model as me last night and I was hoping you would answer! I will share this info about the seatbelts with the dealer I bought from (he's independant). I'm sure he wouldn't want to sell anything that could potentially harm or kill anyone and this belt issue looks so bad to me. Glad I got a newer one for sure!