Does anyone LOVE the Graco Safe Seat?

Mirandagrate

I'm thinking that this will be the seat I buy for DD when she decides she wants to FF. She's currently 5 yrs, 3mths and LOVES RF and has no desire to turn around, lol. But when she does I am planning on buying this seat and putting it in the center of the 3rd row in our Outlook. The reason being is that I CANNOT, for whatever reason, get a good seatbelt install in our car, even with the retracting seat belts-UNLESS the seat has lockoffs like DS's Signo...

So, I'm hoping there are at least some people that like the seat? Anyone?

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I love the Smart Seat, but I've only used it RF, with my 17MO nephew.

What kind of installation problems do you have? What seat/vehicle? Maybe we can help!

Mirandagrate

The one I want installs with a base-it's convertible and then turns into a booster.

For installing, I have a 2009 Saturn Outlook and I have radians outboard and a recaro signo in the middle-all in the middle row. I just can'tget a tight, rock solid install with the belt.. Maybe it's because I'm used to the latch, but I just can't get a (what I feel is) good install with the belt... Maybe I need someone else pushing on the seat while I tighten the belt... I'm not sure, lol :)

creideamh

I'd see a tech. And, IMO, the seat isn't worth it in general (did not impress me in the store), let alone using it for FF only. :twocents: :twocents:

Mirandagrate

The sad thing is around here I have about 110 times the knowledge of ANY tech in our area... our techs give horrible advice putting many lives in danger... They think I'm ridiculous for RF after 1 year... They've actually told one of my friends (who I gave the correct info to) to FF her 8 month old daughter so she could learn to sit up better.... :thumbsdown:

Spam

I love it, just don't have the space for it. Rearfacing the legroom is awesome. Forwardfacing, I liked being able to recline it when they fell asleep. I agree with finding a tech from this board.

mkmama

Also, remember you don't need a "rock-solid" install...you need less than 1" of movement AT the beltpath (as measured giving it a tug with your non-dominant hand right at the beltpath). There is no safety benefits of rock solid install vs up to 1" of movement at the belt path. So it may be that you have it installed tightly enough. I struggle with this too, as I like my rock solid installs...but in some situations that's just not possible and the seat is perfectly safely installed.

WhatAboutPuppy

I absolutely LOVE the install of the base. I do like the seat better for FF then RF because of how hard it is to remember and then execute using only the first 3 clicks RF.
Also the recline options for FF is just plush. lol

aeormsby

We have a Saturn Outlook also. If you're looking for something to use FF in the 3rd row I'd probably look at the Maestro. Or something else with a shallower back-front, maybe the Radian.

I can fit my Marathon FF in the center 3rd row pretty easily, and I've put our Frontier80 outboard 3rd row, problem is there's not much leg room at all with the bigger carseats. (especially with the 2nd row reclined like you're supposed to for 2nd row carseat installations).

From what I've seen the Safeseat seems pretty big and I bet there would only be a couple of inches for leg space. And if you're going to have something back there full time I'd look for a smaller seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC