Question Impreza - True Fit or My Ride?

goalie35

Hello all,

Trying to decide between these two on sale at BRU right now. This will be our only seat for a newborn in an '07 Impreza wagon. Just wanted to see what people prefer when comparing these two. Thanks very much.

-goalie35

ADS

canadiangie

I like the MR65 for a noob more than the TF.

I like them equally as a rear facing seat for an older baby.

The TF will last longer as a rear facing seat for a toddler.

I prefer the TF over the MR65 as a forward facing seat.

The TF probably takes up less space rear facing at 45 degrees (newborn angle) than the MR65.

Hope that helps,

Cryssy Jane

I have an 06 impreza sedan and like the install of the myride rear facing better than the true fit. The true fit takes up slightly less room front to back but with the squishy Subaru seats the lockoffs hit at funky angles and are difficult to snap down. I also had issues with the harness adjuster being hard to reach. However the myride sits on the tall base and doesn't leave a large amount of space between the car seat and the vehicle door frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

V

VanIsleMommy

I don't know about the vehicle but I do have both of these seats. I found the myride was easier to install and to use, but the true fit will fit a taller skinnier toddler for longer rear and forward facing. I severely dislike the harness adjustment button placement on both, but even more on the true fit... it's very hard to reach. The true fit was also incredibly complicated to install. HOWEVER.... my son is currently using the true fit because it allows him to RF longer. The true fit is VERY tall as well. In my 4runner, I would not be able to install the true fit rear facing without putting it in the passenger side and moving the passenger seat all the way forward. It is currently in the middle and the top pokes through the center between the two front seats by a few inches (not touching anything). I beleive the myride is also wider.

I should post a thread comparing the two side by side.

goalie35

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Guess I'll go take a look at them in person and see how they fit in the car. Thanks again.

-goalie35

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC