Skirts and dresses in car seats- what do you do?

MoonRocket

Just curious how you deal with skirts and dresses in car seats. Is there a trick rather than just bunching them up? If you're doing a fancy dress do you just put it on when you get somewhere?
Thanks

ADS

lourdes

Yes that is what I do, I leave her with something that is easy change and then put her on her dress or skirt

Traquy

DD likes sundresses and knit dresses in summer so I have a method of folding the bottom up, then the top down over her crotch with the buckle over it. It helps with the bunching and wrinkling and keeps the strap from rubbing on her legs. If it was a fancy dress or one I didn't want wrinkled at all I would wait until I got there.

SAHDADDY

DD likes sundresses and knit dresses in summer so I have a method of folding the bottom up, then the top down over her crotch with the buckle over it. It helps with the bunching and wrinkling and keeps the strap from rubbing on her legs. If it was a fancy dress or one I didn't want wrinkled at all I would wait until I got there.

thats what we do, :yeahthatlove:

luckyclov

My DD is super classy and just hikes her dress/skirt upwards (she wears bike shorts) and gets in. If it's something formal, then I'll help her sit on it and pull it through her legs. When she has a recital, and we're dealing with tutus and costumes, she wears something else and we change her when we get to wherever it is we need to be.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My kids wear dresses every week to church. Unless they have REALLY huge crinolines and, like, silk skirts (in which case we put them in a tee and dress them when we get wherever we're going) we have them sit, pull the skirt all to one side, buckle the other side, then pull it to the outside of the BUCKLED side, then buckle the other side, then pull it out the sides or middle and drape it nicely so it won't wrinkle- whichever way is easier with that particular dress.

Traquy

I actually have a picture that shows how I do skirts in our Frontier. She's such a little lady! It also puts to rest (so to speak) any doubts about being able to sleep in a Frontier. She crashes out regularly.

Picture HERE in another thread.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC