Non-gas guzzling vehicle that seats 7-8?

tracee877

I am getting really sick of my gas-guzzling Explorer and wanting to get a vehicle that is better on gas. But it must have a 3rd row. What I really want is a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, but they are out of our price range and those are the only vans I would consider. So is there a vehicle that is good on gas, seats 7-8, is 2004 or newer, less than 100,000 miles and under $15K?

ADS

Dillipop

We just got a 2008 Sienna LE8 with 43K miles for 16K a couple months ago. I would guess that you'd be able to find an older one that fits your specifications, especially if you don't mind the base model CE.

There was an 07 LE 7 seater on a lot at the same time for 15K with 50K miles as well.

I wouldn't knock out the 04-07 Siennas and Odysseys as possibilities, even if it means waiting for one to come up in your price range.

V

VanIsleMommy

how many kids do you have in car seats? the reason I ask is because third row seating with anchors is pretty limited.

I'm not sure on the exact mpg bt a mazda 5?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
how many kids do you have in car seats? the reason I ask is because third row seating with anchors is pretty limited.

My guess, unless she has "borrowed" kids, is that she has one in a harnessed seat and possibly one in a booster. Because she said she needs a car that seats 7-8, though, I wonder if there are "borrowed" kids or extra adults. :p

tracee877

I only have one in a seat so I only need 1 TA. I say 7-8 mainly because we just need the 3rd row. My kids cannot sit 3 in a row.:rolleyes: The only thing with the vans is that they must have leather and it is practically impossible to find a Sienna with leather unless its the spiffed up verson (XLE I think?) and those end up being pricey. Otherwise all the Odysseys and Siennas have too high of mileage to be in our price range.

tracee877

Oh and it must have a lot of space behind the 3rd row so something like a Mazda 5 is out. Our Explorer is perfect honestly except for the lack of space behind the 3rd row and gas guzzling. I believe the MPG on it is about 14/19.

Chely7425

For what its worth our 05 Sienna LE has leather (which I wasn't looking for, LOL) so I they do exist :D Since your current vehicle works for you can you just keep driving it while you look for a good replacement?

tracee877

For what its worth our 05 Sienna LE has leather (which I wasn't looking for, LOL) so I they do exist :D Since your current vehicle works for you can you just keep driving it while you look for a good replacement?

Yup that's the plan LOL. I am so jealous of the deal you got on your Sienna!:p

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
If leather seating is a must have, 8-passenger 2004-2010 Sienna LE/CE models aren't available with leather to my knowledge. Leather was an option for the 7-passenger 2004-2010 LE Siennas and available on the 7-passenger XLE and Limited trim levels, but not for the 8-passenger CE/LE versions. Prior to our '05 8-passenger Sienna LE with cloth seats, I had a car with leather and didn't care for the leather much (hot and sticky in summer, and cold in the winter even with heated front seats), and honestly don't miss it in our Sienna. My relatives recently got a Prius with leather and we're not liking the leather so far in the summer heat when we shared their car for running errands or extended family road trips recently. :eek:

tracee877

If leather seating is a must have, 8-passenger 2004-2010 Sienna LE/CE models aren't available with leather to my knowledge. Leather was an option for the 7-passenger 2004-2010 LE Siennas and available on the 7-passenger XLE and Limited trim levels, but not for the 8-passenger CE/LE versions. Prior to our '05 8-passenger Sienna LE with cloth seats, I had a car with leather and didn't care for the leather much (hot and sticky in summer, and cold in the winter even with heated front seats), and honestly don't miss it in our Sienna. My relatives recently got a Prius with leather and we're not liking the leather so far in the summer heat when we shared their car for running errands or extended family road trips recently. :eek:

Thanks for the info!

V

VanIsleMommy

I'm not sure about leather, but in your price range I would say the rav4 or the journey.

livsmum

Another vote for no leather. DH's truck has it and I cannot stand it. I'm hoping to get a Sienna in a couple of months and that's one of my must NOT haves.......LOL. Also can't have been smoked in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC