OH NO!!

BrookysMommy

So I bought a MyRide65 last night, installed it this morning. It hasnt been used yet and my sister gets into a fender bender in the car! Theres no damage to the car anywere and the seat looks okay, but should I still use it? She was only going 5-10 mph in a parking lot but im just not sure if its okay to use...HELP!

I would hate to have to get a new seat since this one is only a day old :mad:

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Honestly, use your best judgement. Graco does say any CRASH, but it is up to you to decide if a little bump equals a crash or not.

I replace multiple seats in a crash where my car was parked. There was serious damage to the vehicle, and visible damage on one of the seats.

I did not replace seats after I tagged a pole going 5mph. There was a dent on the chrome part of the bumper but it was the kind of dent a kid could have made by letting a bike fall over into it. I felt the tap less than I feel speed bumps.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Maybe call Graco and see what they say. Tell them you just bought it and such.

Sorry that happened.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Maybe call Graco and see what they say. Tell them you just bought it and such.

Sorry that happened.

Doesn't matter if it was just bought or used for five years. It needs to be replaced after any crash.

However, I have a Graco and a True Fit that have "technically" been in a crash. Insomuchas I hit another car. If Piper hadn't heard the hit, and confirmed it for me, I wouldn't have thought I did. I pulled over, checked my car, checked their car, and couldn't find where we had exchanged paint, nevermind dings or bangs or anything. So I just drove on. I didn't leave a note, I didn't call the insurance, I didn't call the police.

Generally I tell parents that if they involve insurance or file a police report, it's a crash enough. If it's SO minor that it's not worth bringing those in then it's probably not a true crash, and not something I'd worry about.

Wendy

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Doesn't matter if it was just bought or used for five years. It needs to be replaced after any crash.

Wendy

I know. I just figured with Graco's awesome customer service they might be willing to help. Wishful thinking. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC