Question 3 Across True Fit in a Yukon

L

Lee Ann

My friend has triplets and is looking into rear facing seats for when the boys outgrow their buckets. She currently has 3 Peg Perego bucket seats (with bases) installed, so I'm hoping someone can help me out so we don't have to uninstall/reinstall them for nothing!
The True Fit is on such a good sale at BRU so I am wondering if 3 across would fit.
From what I can tell it's approx. the same size (2nd row) as the Dodge Durango. According to the successful 3 across thread 3 GN or 3 Alpha Omegas (rf or ff) fit in the Durango. The AO is 22" wide and the GN is 19.25". The TF is 19.5" wide...any thoughts on how well they would fit? Or has anyone done this in a similar sized vehicle?
Thank you in advance for your help!!

Lee Ann

ADS

hrice

The TF is a pretty wide seat and I do not think you will get 3 across wih it in most any vehicle. The Yukon is awesome for 3 across though. I have an '07 XL and have had many 3 across configurations.

What is her budget?

L

Lee Ann

Im not sure about budget. We are hoping to do a group shower gift to help offset the cost!
The reason I thought the TF might fit is because it is a full 2.
5 inches narrower then the AO (according to the external measurements I found online). I have a truefit in my car so I know the are pretty wide but some carseats are deceptive and fit when you dont think they will :)
Without thinking $$ (we will cross that bridge later lol) what are the 3 acrosses you have done? I think they would prefer all the same seat to keep life simple. Same harness. Same weight/height limit etc.

L

Lee Ann

Sigh I just realized that the measurements I was looking at were for the elite :( The post in the Successful Three Across thread had regular alpha omegas which are 19".
Which brings me back to unsure. The GN is 19.25" and the TF is 19.5". It would be a total of 3/4" more width...

hrice

Are they small kiddos?

3 Coccoros would fit.

Does anyone know how the Pria compares to the CA in terms of width? If it's about the same those *might* work 3 across. That's a big might.

3 Radians would definitely fit but Radians over recline in the center position in the Yukon. Can she wait a few months? A new version of the Radian is coming out in the Fall and it will have some sort of wedge that will make it more upright RF. That would probably fix the over reclining issue.

J-max

CPST Instructor
The middle seat of a Yukon is VERY 3 across friendly. You can get almost any seats in there 3 across. I have had 2 regents and a BLVD; BLVD-regent-Monterey; 2 BLVDs and a Monterey; right now I have a Aton-Radian-and flip seat moves up and down. I would not be surprised if you could get 3 TF in there.

L

Lee Ann

The babies are pretty little still. Just over 7 pounds :) So its not an immediate need. Its just that if she can get them paid for its worth getting them now!
From what I looked up 2 regents and a blvd would be 60.5" total (regents are 20.5" and the blvd is 19.5"). The TFs would be 58.5". When you had the regents and the blvd in there where they puzzled or just simply side by side?

canadiangie

I've done a frontier, marathon, Peg combo before and it was fine.

For $300 total for 3 seats I'd be pretty tempted to just live large and order them. :eek:

mommycat

For $300 total for 3 seats I'd be pretty tempted to just live large and order them. :eek:

:yeahthat: If they don't work you can return them, can't you? I have returned a carseat to BRU with no issue, though I did get store credit (but I am also not positive if I had my receipt on me the day I went in to return it).

It sounds promising in terms of 3 across if the Nautis fit 3 side by side - they do not puzzle in any way.

L

Lee Ann

I went to TRU to get one for my son today. I asked about returning since it ends in an 8 (the price) and online that means no return...the cashier didnt know so asked a senior staff member she said no. Then when she called a manager regarding something else for me he said they are returnable. Sigh. I held off on getting the 3 for now because I cant afford to have $300 tied up in seats that might not work.
If I get measurements from my friend I will go back in and get the manager to give it to me in writing saying I can return them!
Thanks everyone for your help! Hopefully my friend gets a minute inbetween feedings and diaper changes to do some measuring before they are all sold out!

J-max

CPST Instructor
The babies are pretty little still. Just over 7 pounds :) So its not an immediate need. Its just that if she can get them paid for its worth getting them now!
From what I looked up 2 regents and a blvd would be 60.5" total (regents are 20.5" and the blvd is 19.5"). The TFs would be 58.5". When you had the regents and the blvd in there where they puzzled or just simply side by side?
I did regent, RF BLVD, regent and there was a bit of puzzeling, but not much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC