tech in Fairfax County, VA

mommydev

Any CPS techs in (or near) Fairfax County, VA? I'm in Vienna and just got a new Radian that I'd really like to make sure is properly installed before we leave for vacation on Sunday. The next check at the police station isn't until the 27th. I'm free to meet pretty much any time Friday or Saturday. Just let me know. Thanks so much!

ADS

mommydev

Thanks! I have a call into the police to see if they can schedule one for me otherwise I will probably take you up on that. I will PM you when I know. Thanks again!

Jessica61624

mommydev said:
Thanks! I have a call into the police to see if they can schedule one for me otherwise I will probably take you up on that. I will PM you when I know. Thanks again!

I'd recommend seeing a tech from here. Most people have never seen a Radian. :twocents:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Last year, I took my seats to the Sully Police Station for their Thursday check and they played with my Radian.

They were SO nice, but they told me I had to install with a locking clip, which they installed over three inches away from the buckle. :thumbsdown:

They also told me that I had to keep my Radian at a 45 degree recline even though the child using it was 2 years old. :thumbsdown:

Overall, though, I was impressed with the techs there. It is worth a try. :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'd recommend seeing a tech from here. Most people have never seen a Radian. :twocents:

I completely agree.

I agree, but unfortunately, there are VERY few people from Northern VA on here. I find that interesting because we have a population of something like 4.5 million people in the five jurisdictions of NoVA.

Virginia VA

Fairfax County, VA and will travel to Prince William, Arlington, and Eastern Loudoun Counties, and Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, and Falls Church.
Mary-Rose
(mrdhollins)
Technician since 2011

I don't know this poster. This is close to the OP, though. :)

Portsmouth City County, VA
Golden
(turtlemama)
Technician since 2011

This is about 4 hours away from the OP.

Roanoke
Michelle
(chloespurple)
Technician since 2007

This is about 3 hours away from the OP.

Tri-cities/Richmond/Chesterfield/Henrico, ect
Rebekah Branch
(skaterbabscpst)
Technician since 2005

This is about 2.5 hours away from the OP.

Richmond
Julie
(joolsplus3)
Technician since 2003

This is about 2.5 hours away from the OP.

rachelandtyke

Last year, I took my seats to the Sully Police Station for their Thursday check and they played with my Radian.

They were SO nice, but they told me I had to install with a locking clip, which they installed over three inches away from the buckle. :thumbsdown:

They also told me that I had to keep my Radian at a 45 degree recline even though the child using it was 2 years old. :thumbsdown:

Overall, though, I was impressed with the techs there. It is worth a try. :)

ahh, brings back fond memories. I took DD's Snugride 22 to be checked at Sully before she was born. IIRC, my install was good, but I was told not to use the aftermarket headrests I had gotten. :)

CPST_Augie

CPS Technician

Sure thing! If you use someone from the police station, make sure they ARE certified. Sometimes they're eager to help but aren't actually certified.

heyruthie

just a shout-out to ya: i'm in fairfax city. i never had luck with contacting the techs from the list. i've always ended up getting help here on the board, and then some help from the fairfax city police--several of which are good, but not available to to county residents, which is a pain!

good luck! BTW: i'm happy to meet with you, but i'm not a tech! just another carseat geek!

vrclay

I'm in FFX County! I've never understood why there so few of us. I've often thought of getting certified myself. I've had seats checked at the Inova Fair Oaks checks and they are always thorough. The Mount Vernon station team came out to install 12 seats in my son's preschool van. I was quite impressed. The trainer was using it at a training op for newer "in-training" officers.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm in FFX County! .

YAY! Another!

I have never understood why there are so few of us, either. Between Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties/cities, I think there are around 4.5 million people. How the heck are there so few of us here?

creideamh

Did you go to Oakton HS? Only place I can think of that is in Vienna and serves Oakton. :)

Nope... Madison serves Oakton but is in Vienna, which is where I would have gone, but I only lived there for my middle school years and went to Thoreau.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Nope... Madison serves Oakton but is in Vienna, which is where I would have gone, but I only lived there for my middle school years and went to Thoreau.

Oh! Didn't realize that. :) I went to OHS, but was from 12 miles away (funny boundaries!). :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC