marathon 70 harness

cupcakepirate11

The lap portion of the harness leaves red marks from one side digging into my sons thigh like it is unevenly pulled tightly so the lap portion does not lay flat over his legs. I've tried to adjust and readjust the harness. I've never taken it apart or fiddled with the straps other than making sure the shoulder portions are at the right height for him. Are there any tricks to avoid this? He really isn't a chubby baby so I'm curious as to why this is happening.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've never had it happen with a harness that isn't an infinite harness- I don't think the Britax seats are, but I'm not as familiar with the new ones. Have you checked to make sure one side isn't hung up on something? If you examine it closely and one side is longer than the other but both are on the same settings, I'd call Britax (I had a friend have that happen with a Designer 22 infant seat once- it was a front-adjust, and one side was longer than the other, so it was impossible to tighten them evenly... It was obviously defective.)

luckyclov

The new Marathons are an infinite harness.
Yep, they are.

I have not had this issue with any of my MA70s, but I did once with my FR85. I extended the harness allllll the way out, then slowly tightened it back up with my hand holding out the harness straps somewhat firmly. I also uninstalled the seat (which, you may not have to do since you're RF'ing) to make sure everything was smooth on the other side.

If that fails, shoot Britax an email (us-customerservice@britax.com) or give them call.:)

cupcakepirate11

Yeah I should fiddle with the harness. It does it to both legs too I've been trying to be more conscious of how it sits on his thighs. The seat also fits much differently when he is in sposies vs cloth diapers. I will give Britax a call and see if I can post a photo here.

emtb79

Do all the new Britax seats have the infinite harness I didnt realize that at all.

ETS: I was reading infinite as continuous. Gotta love it when my brain changes words for me.

melniemi

Sounds like the harness might be too tight. Ive had kids riding in my bv70 for almost a year and no issues like that.

creideamh

Dumb question, but what is a continuous/infinite harness (obviously the new Britax have them I guess?) and what is a 'regular' harness?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC