Cybex X-Fix and 4.5 year old

krfogle88

So I will need a booster for DN when preschool starts. They take occasional trips to places 5-10 minutes from the school about 4 times a school "year." She has sat in Turbo booster twice during emergency situations where there were no other options and was told she sat perfectly still. I have the chance to get a Cybex X-Fix for $60 shipped using gift cards I have. Do you believe this seat will fit her okay?

ETA: She's currently 48 inches and 42-43 pounds and has a long torso.

ADS

nmb

There's a thread I started here w/ pics of my 4 yr old in it, and several opinions: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=164355

Lots of opinions that the lap belt was too low. However, a local tech instructor looked at it in person (one of the instructors of my class who is on this board) checked him in it, at 4.5, and said it was a good fit. Also showed me how to get the LATCH to work. So between him growing a bit and using LATCH it seems to fit him fine ... I don't have any more recent pictures that are good but can get some. He's still about 43 lbs, and 42 inches tall... I think this booster would be better for skinnier kids... still seems fairly narrow to me.

bnsnyde

My 2-year-old is 36 inches and 30 lbs, too! :)

We have that Cybex on hand, I guess for emergencies for the 5-year-old (and really because I wanted to play with that seat).

I would say $60 is a good deal.

NannyMom

I put some kids in my new Cybex today. Sofi is 4.11yrs, 35 pounds and 41 inches. She fit great (though she won't use a booster for another year or 2). L is 6.8yrs, not sure on height, but 45.5 pounds (weighed today, she was hoping to try RF in the XTSL). She fit great in the Cybex too.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
How long of a torso are we talking? The Cybex should be about as tall as an Evenflo Big Kid, about 19" I think. AJ is about too tall for it, he uses the Big Kid on the highest slot w/ little room to grow. For $60 though, it'll be good for a few years probably.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC