Britax fabrics (cowmooflage vs blueprint) - warmer climates

carolinakiwi

DH and I are getting a Britax blvd 70 for one of our vehicles. We like the blueprint fabric, as it is more silky and softer (in our opinion) in most of the other britax fabrics.

DH hates the look of the cowmooflage fabric - he doesn't want a cow print in our vehicle. But I was wondering if a velour fabric, like cowmooflage would be cooler. Since it's fuzzy velour, would it make children's legs stick less to the seat and be any less sweaty (for those kids that sweat).

We prefer the look of blueprint the best. But I am weighing all of our options for DS's comfort. We live in South Carolina and the summers have been so hot the last couple of years.

We asked a BuyBuy Baby associate which fabric is the coolest, and he said the onyx print. Which is basically another velour type fabric.

Thanks for any insight into the blueprint and cowmooflage fabrics.

ADS

abigaylebelle

My ds rides in a blvd 70 with either a cowmoo cover or a silver birch cover (which I think is similar to blueprint-it's slick). Anyway I think the silver birch is cooler in the summer for two reasons. First it is lighter in color than the mostly black cowmooflage. Second, it doesn't seem to trap heat the same way the velour fabric does.
Onyx was by far the hottest of the covers we have had on britax seats. It looked really nice in my car but was relegated to winter use only.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Onyx? Really? Hmmm...
I also don't really think of Onyx as being velour. It is velour on the sides, but it is like a windbreaker in the center. That's the way my Onyx cover was, at least, so unless Britax has changed it, I believe that is the way it is.

I haven't seen Blueprint in person, but it looks like it is primarily the nylon fabric with the plush on the sides? It would probably be cool enough. If you like it best, go with it! :)

jenfrogmom

I personally don't think it makes that big of a difference either way you go. I have onyx and cowmoo and don't have a problem with either one. If you are really concerned, you could throw a sheet over the seat when your car is parked.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC