A good SK CS story :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
This is kind of a non-thing, but with all of the SK CS horror stories we have around here, I wanted to share that occasionally, they do come through!

Ten days or so ago, I pulled my Monterey out of my car and noticed that the seat pad was flappy. It has elastic loops that attach to rivets on the seatback, and one of the elastic loops had come clean off the seat pad (it was still around the rivet.) No abuse, just kids climbing in and out and in and out and in and out... I emailed SK, asking if it was possible to just replace the particular piece of the seatback pad (it's literally the pad directly behind the child's back,) since I didn't really want to buy a whole new cover. But I could see the problem getting worse, so I figured I'd see the cost before I attempted to fix it myself.

I submitted my query through their website, and it took a couple of days but I got an email back. I emailed back and forth with CS and ultimately ended up calling them, as they couldn't find my "fashion" on the website. They sent out, completely free of charge, not just the new seatback pad but in fact a whole new cover. The seat was about 18 months old (and I told them so,) so out of warranty, to boot.

Cover arrived yesterday, all pieces are there, elastic is intact. :thumbsup: for SK CS!

ADS
They sent me a rear facing boot for the Radian 65 my mom is using for my sister that I'm going to be using with my DS come winter absolutely free I was very impressed

MorgieBear'sMama

That's great!

I've only had to call them once, when dd's monterey was stuck in the car. I talked to Russ, he had me cut the LATCH strap and sent me a new seat bottom.

luckyclov

I've always, always had great CS from SKJP. But I've also always dealt with the same person, who is not the person many have had issues with over there.:)

flutie128

One of my latch straps broke so they sent me out a naked bottom to replace the broke latch strap. I was pretty impressed.

Chely7425

I've had nothing but good experiences with them either... I had an issue with 1 of my radians harnesses not staying tight, I emailed them a picture of the DOM sticker and had a new seat 2 days later, along with a shipping label to send back to old one. And I did talk to the person that a lot of people have issues wtih.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC