shipping MR to 35205

turtlemama

Not sure where to put this. How much would it cost to ship a MR to Alabama? Zip is in the title. Also it would go in a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer. Child is 3.5, FF, torso height is 13-14 inches but he wasn't sure on height or weight except she's under 40lbs.
Will it fit the vehicle? Which is the best way to ship?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It should fit, though I'd imagine the child would be reclined.

As for shipping, I'd go to ups.com, usps.com, and fedex.com, put in the shipping weight (I grab that from amazon), and then plug in numbers and see what you get.

Wendy

msg221

I hope you're able to ship it. I was all set to buy a MR from another member on here and she tried to send it via USPS and they refused to ship it via Parcel Post, saying the box was too large and it was going too far (CT to AZ). If she would have shipped it via UPS or FedEx, it was close to $80, so that whole deal fell through. I did end up buying the Chadwick MR (and yes, that box IS huge!) that BRU had for $79.99 last week with the sale & coupon, so it all worked out in the end, except I REALLY wanted that Resa cover!

If you still want to get shipping quotes, you will need the dimensions of the box in addition to the shipping weight.

turtlemama

Ah, I don't have the box yet. I'll post back when I get one.
It was $60 something to send a Vivo to Arizona or something like that via USPS
$76 to send a Baby Trend Flex Loc via UPS to Oklahoma.
I don't have that much money :/
He was going to reimburse me after the 3rd.

it usually is not tooo awful if you stay along the east coast.. but as soon as I tried to go further out with it, shipping was totally unmanageable.. my usps said they could not ship it parcel which shocked me.. (there is something weird going on there, cause I was there yesterday and they were giving another customer a hard time about something that seemed off to me also)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC