My Ride Questions

tl01

I bought a MR for DS2. I actually like the seat... I am surprised I do. It does have its quirks though. I think the LATCH strap is very stiff and makes it hard to tighten enough. I can get it totally tight though. Once the seat seems solidly installed, I feel that a few car trips later it is slightly loose. It doesn't seem to loosen like the Radian... just as though it wasn't really totally tight to begin with. Does this make any sense? It seem as though the seat settles into the car and sort of creates more slack in the strap. I always pull the LATCH strap all the way through to the side of the seat with the adjuster so I know there isn't slack at the time of the initial install. Tomorrow I'm going to try it with the seat belt.. but I was wondering if anyone else has any issue with this seat.

ADS

Pixels

I bought a MR for DS2. I actually like the seat... I am surprised I do. It does have its quirks though. I think the LATCH strap is very stiff and makes it hard to tighten enough. I can get it totally tight though. Once the seat seems solidly installed, I feel that a few car trips later it is slightly loose. It doesn't seem to loosen like the Radian... just as though it wasn't really totally tight to begin with. Does this make any sense? It seem as though the seat settles into the car and sort of creates more slack in the strap. I always pull the LATCH strap all the way through to the side of the seat with the adjuster so I know there isn't slack at the time of the initial install. Tomorrow I'm going to try it with the seat belt.. but I was wondering if anyone else has any issue with this seat.

I have found this to be true with pretty much every seat in every vehicle.

KaiLing

I found tightening the LATCH strap enough really hard, even at the right angle. Once I got it in, I had no trouble until I had to wrestle with it to get it out. I spent a lot of time with my butt in the air. With the seat belt it was tipping, so I eventually used a locking clip in my non-LATCH car. It was really kind of an aesthetic choice to use the locking clip: I think the issue was that the giant serious husband was pulling up so tightly on the harness adjust that the seat belt was going farther into the retractor and tipping, and I got tired of re-installing it. Now that I'm a tech I'm not sure I would recommend this, but it worked and I'm confident that it was safe.

Our issue, the one that Graco eventually took the seat back for, was that the piece that adjusts the harness (the metal governor thingy) came unscrewed from the shell on two different seats. You could possibly re-screw it, but it was awkward. And I think we still could get it tight enough, but I didn't like it, and they didn't like it, so they took it back. You'll notice if this happens: it's strange.

Brianna

I've installed my MR in a variety of vehicles using latch and I haven't had this happen. Usually I put my knee in the seat as I tighten the strap and I haven't had any problems yet. By far the easiest for me to do is a lap-only belt install in my Cavalier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC