Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello Pria! (pics...with real kids)

Ok, so I lied about that last photodump thing....

Why can't all Dorel seats be more like the Pria? It's like they put some much time and thought into the Maxi Cosi line, and said forget the others, just keep renaming stuff we already have! So...screw the CCO, I'll take one of these!

There were a few things off the bat the I didn't like, but could live with:

1)They're back to the super short crotch buckle. Fine on Bebe, would have been disasterous if DS was wearing shorts.

2)The splitter plate got caught under the seat more than once when I was tightening/loosening the harness for Bebe.

3)The manual makes for confusion when it comes to the tinyfit insert

Manual says MUST use TinyFit if baby is under 18lb. Then it says, if baby is between 18-40lb RF or is forward facing you MUST remove the TinyFit insert.
    Then one page later and on the stickers on the seat, it says to always use TinyFit insert for infants under 18lb, and that it can be used to 22lb or until the childs head is even with the top of the insert? Huh?

Bebe is 8mths tomorrow, 18lb 9oz, head is even with the top of the TinyFit insert. Using top slots of the insert (there are 3). Bottom slots measured at 5-ish"

Without the insert...headrest in lowest possible position. Shoulders are just even with the slot.

HOLY RECLINE!!! This thing is worse than the SmartSeat! There are 3 positions. #1 is for FF only, #2 is for RF or FF, #3 is for RF only. Recline handle is at the back of the seat, super easy to use.

#3. DS is standing behind the seat so it won't fall over. Good news is, on this flat surface, the 'level' line reads way over-reclined. Wondering if this was made to compensate for those super slanted vehicle seats.

Position #2 - line is now level with the floor

18" top slots. DS tons of grow room and wanted me to buy it. It felt pretty cushy to me. RF is outgrown once again when top of head is even with headrest (not the shell).

LOVE this!!! It comes with an infant chest clip, as well as the regular one.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Hello Pria! (pics...with real kids)

Boo! I've give out too much rep! That really looks like a great seat!! Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Grrr. I don't have any rep either. Thanks for all those pictures! It is much easier to see the features when you have a kid in the seat. I love the infant chest clip.
    DS1 3.24.10 riding in a Frontier 90 in booster mode and a Cybex M-Fix.
    DS2 1.18.14 rear facing in a Foonf and a Fllo.

I like it! Thanks for the pics (and i don't have any rep to give either so a thanks will have to suffice! )
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

Aah so when I'm able to afford a new seat it will be between this and the MA70. Which would you choose? Do you think it would take up less room than a CA front to back? How thick are the straps? The straps and rules are why I got rid of my CA's.
    DD-02/05, 61.5 lbs, 54 in. Incognito, Harmony Youth booster.
    DS1-12/06, 52 lbs, 47 in. Harmony Youth Booster, Graco backless booster.
    DS2-04/09, 41.5 lbs, 42 in. Recaro Performance Booster.
    DS3-06/10, 38 lbs, 40 in. Britax Pinnacle 90.

With that recline, there probably won't be any pool noodles needed. I wonder if Matthew would fit rf in that. Hmmm. Where is it available?
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Too bad it looks really wide, otherwise I would be all over it.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    With that recline, there probably won't be any pool noodles needed. I wonder if Matthew would fit rf in that. Hmmm. Where is it available?
    BRU and BBB
    DS1 3.24.10 riding in a Frontier 90 in booster mode and a Cybex M-Fix.
    DS2 1.18.14 rear facing in a Foonf and a Fllo.

love it!
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

It's just coming to BRUs. I love it.

I noticed in the manual as well about the weight limits.

I love my TFP, but if I was shopping for a newborn today, this would be SO high on the list.

I didn't measure the bottom slot, but I took a picture with my hand there. I have small hands (I can get them easily through a Radian's rear facing belt path, to give an idea).

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

I like it. Hmm I may have to go play with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by turtlemama
    Aah so when I'm able to afford a new seat it will be between this and the MA70. Which would you choose? Do you think it would take up less room than a CA front to back? How thick are the straps? The straps and rules are why I got rid of my CA's.
    I wouldn't personally buy a new Britax. But I'd get a Classic in a heartbeat.

I've never played with the CA. So not sure how much room it would take up. I do know that my nearly 6yo has more room over his head in the Pria than he does in his Radian, and this is much more upright than a Radian when on setting #2.

I really wanted to get this thing out to my car to check install angles, but they were super busy and I was dragging 2 hungry kids around straight from the dr office.

The straps are the same old Dorel straps. I personally think they're a little close together, however, the harness covers are nice and thin and flexible. They work really well.

I don't see Dorel's install line-angle thingy being an issue with this seat at all.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

14. Thank You from:

RF is outgrown once again when top of head is even with headrest (not the shell).
    OK, just to clarify - not only is the general 1" of hard shell above head not used with this seat (for RF'ing), but you can use the headrest set *above* the shell RF'ing? So, when the top of the head is level with the top of the headrest, which may be adjusted above the hard shell, the seat is outgrown (or 40") rear-facing?
    CPST & Mom to:
    Keep (11 yrs old, 57", 80 lbs), in an Olli, Ozzi & BB
    Sass (10 yrs old, 54", 76 lbs), in Santa Fe, Monterey & Olli
    Zilla (4 yrs old, 38", 36 lbs), FF in a PS, RXT & FR85
    Rollin' in a 2014 Ody, 2012 F-150 SuperCrew & Luigi, a peppy little 2012 Fiat 500

Quote Originally Posted by clov878 View Post
    OK, just to clarify - not only is the general 1" of hard shell above head used with this seat (for RF'ing), but you can use the headrest set *above* the shell RF'ing? So, when the top of the head is level with the top of the headrest, which may be adjusted above the hard shell, the seat is outgrown (or 40") rear-facing?
    Yes, like the CA.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora View Post
    Yes, like the CA.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, without the itty bitty insert, the proper angle is between 30-35 degrees (or so I just read on the blog review)?

If that's the case, this seat is actually pretty tempting. I need some color, though.
    CPST & Mom to:
    Keep (11 yrs old, 57", 80 lbs), in an Olli, Ozzi & BB
    Sass (10 yrs old, 54", 76 lbs), in Santa Fe, Monterey & Olli
    Zilla (4 yrs old, 38", 36 lbs), FF in a PS, RXT & FR85
    Rollin' in a 2014 Ody, 2012 F-150 SuperCrew & Luigi, a peppy little 2012 Fiat 500

CPS Technician eyeslkethesky5391's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clov878 View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, without the itty bitty insert, the proper angle is between 30-35 degrees (or so I just read on the blog review)?

If that's the case, this seat is actually pretty tempting. I need some color, though.
    I know its supposed to be released in intense red...i'm hoping there will be more though, Maxi cosi normally has cool colors
    Mommy to S (10/23/13) riding in a cowmoo pavilion and a RA50

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    I like it. Hmm I may have to go play with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    Can I come with you?
    ~Kelsie, CPST. Full-time nanny to C (3.5y), RF in a MySize70, and R (born 6/11/14), riding in a Coccoro. Loving Auntie to many!
    "We do the best we can with what we know, and when we know better, we do better" - Maya Angelou

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

love it, but I wish they would up the height limits by a couple inches! I know I would be comfortable using it over the overall limits, but I am very uncomfortable suggesting that it is OK to disregard one part of the manual but not another.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

Wow, I really like it! For those who have seen it in person, how is the crotch strap for an older boy (say 3-4y/o?)
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by CelticLabyrinth View Post
    love it, but I wish they would up the height limits by a couple inches! I know I would be comfortable using it over the overall limits, but I am very uncomfortable suggesting that it is OK to disregard one part of the manual but not another.
    Me too, so I came up with a way to explain it to folks: Weight is absolute (30 pounds is 30 pounds). However, people who are the same height often have very different inseams. The difference in inseam is going to determine how a child fits in a seat height wise. A kid with long legs will fit in a seat longer than the kid with the tall torso. HTH
    Last edited by flipper68; 08-17-2011 at 09:12 PM.

23. Thank You from: