DD is boostered full time for now...

mimieliza

...because she broke her clavicle. :(

Thank God we had a Turbobooster, and she fits well. She just made 40 lbs. (fully clothed), and sits well in position, so I feel okay with her in it. There's no way we could get her in a harnessed seat. I was even able to put her in the booster for the ride to the ER - if we hadn't had the booster in the house, she would have had to ride unrestrained or with seat belt only.

I'm wondering how long she'll have to be in the booster - a harnessed seat would go right over the wounded area.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Mama, good for you for knowing how to safely restrain your child, even in an usual situation. I would have made precisely the same decision. :)

(I hope she heals quickly and with relatively little pain! Poor baby!)

Kat_Momof3

when Damian broke his clavicle at 4.5yrs, it was 6wks that he had to wear the positioner (forget the name for it)... for it to heal.

but, with him being very active and in pre-k, his doctor said it was fine to leave it on a bit longer, and his teacher was frankly relieved that I left it on a full 12wks... till I couldn't feel any bump and he didn't feel discomfort from light pressure...

one main reason was it reminded him not to raise that arm to be called on... and that was a biggie... cause for those first weeks, it hurt to do it.

sjfost

This is exactly why Parker is in a booster. He broke his clavicle and there was no way to to tighten his Frontier straps. We had to wait for my SIL to bring us a booster (a backless no less) before we could go to the ER with him. He ended up being in his positioning brace for almost 9 weeks. I stressed sitting still, staying positioned, being safe, etc because I was scared we'd be in an accident and by the time he got out of his brace & sling, he sits perfect in his booster even while asleep. I didn't plan to move him quite so soon.

gsdguenter

Poor kid, how'd she do it? You don't have to say if you don't want to, I'm just being nosy lol

Good thing you had a booster on hand!!!

mimieliza

Poor kid, how'd she do it? You don't have to say if you don't want to, I'm just being nosy lol

Good thing you had a booster on hand!!!

She was turning "cartwheels," which she doesn't actually know how to do - basically throwing her body against the ground. She went down hard on one shoulder. It was in soft grass in the park. I was standing right there, I even heard a pop. So we got her home in the jogging stroller (I had to balance DS on the hood while DH pulled DD's bike and walked the dog), and she was still crying and wouldn't move her arm, so I took her straight to the ER.

Anyway, today is day 6 since the accident and she is doing GREAT! She is still wearing a sling, but has not needed any pain medication for 2 days and has much greater mobility/range of movement. It seems to be healing easily, as the ER and her ped said it would. :)

rxmommy

Poor girly!!! DH can commiserate, he's broken his twice. :( He actually still has pain there from time to time and has arthritis there. But that's probably because he was told he could go back to wrestling too soon, and promptly re-broke it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC