I love the response I got!

BrookysMommy

The other day I posted an ad on Craigslist just stating about how expired car seats shouldnt be sold and all that good stuff and I love the response I got! Check it out!

"You are SO right! Actually it is against the law in MO and IL to SELL an expired carseat, of course people do it all the time, I especially love it when someone tries selling an expired Britax seat for $100. What most people don't realize is that if you sell an expired seat and something happens, if they can trace that seat back to you then YOU can be held responsible!
It isn't worth it! I am all for saving money and buying second hand when I can but the one thing you should ALWAYS buy new is the carseat!"

I love it! Thanks to whoever posted this reply, you reminded me there are good people still out there!

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Wow, that is awesome!

I love when people come into a check and know so much!

misstj9

Love it!

Would you be willing to share your posting/wording that you put on CL? I keep meaning to do the same, but never get feel comfortable with the wording of the ad....I don't want to make people angry, just attempt to inform!

Thanks!

BrookysMommy

I also didnt want to make people angry but one way I kind of got around that was telling people to email me if they felt like they needed to respond. They werent always nice but when I gave them more information they really got the point and some even took there postings for expired car seats down! One of my favorite ways to get the point across is to make it kind of fun, using capitol letters, exclimation points, things like that. I also like to link to car seat safety sites. Just remember that when posting you may not get a great response, but sometime you get ones like this!

mellysue

I put up an ad stating it was illegal to sell expired seats and put some car-seat.org links. My post got flagged within days and taken down. But the old and expired car seats keep getting reposted and new ones put up everyday. :mad:

Emily's Mommy

That's an awesome response! I actually did a similar post to yours, and within an hour it was flagged for removal. I was just trying to help make others aware, oh well! Great job! :)

cookie123

I have an ad I post from time to time. I have gotten flagged twice. Most times not and once I got a thank you.:love: So keep trying!

BrookysMommy

My ad hasnt been flagged yet and neither has the other one. I think the reason is I told people to email thru the craigslist address instead of flagging if they had something they would like to say. I only got one email which I did post in a different thread on here and it wasnt even mean :)

I usually ad just a "Please dont flag" on the end of the ad also. It seems to help. Hope that helps someone with there flagging problems!

Jocey'sMommy

I don't even understand why someone would flag an informative post, I have actually seen a post like this on my cl and I did write a thank you e-mail and encouraged whoever posted to join us here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC