When did your child (LO) outgrow the MA70 RF?

ADS

jenfrogmom

My ds is 43", 46lbs, and 4.5 years old and has just outgrown it. He is in the high 80's% for height.

ETA: I just rear this is for rf. OOPS. He would have grown out of it by 3.75 - 4 for age.

Last edited:

2BunniesMommy

We have a RA55. DD2 has a hair over 1 inch left. She will be 3 in Oct. She is about 37-38 inches tall, weighs 35lbs, I have never measured her torso, but she is nearly the same size as DD1 when they sit next to each other, so she has a longish torso.

Not sure how much that helps, but maybe a little.

hrice

My son was 32 mos and about 37" in these pics.
998a77b9.jpg

f21d7e21.jpg

jjordan

I tried my dd in one last September and she was just about at the RF height limit. She was probably about 40-41" tall, wearing shirt size 5T, age 4 yrs 5 months, weighed about 38#.

luckyclov

Thanks, everyone. :)

It's been by far my favorite convertible (so far) and I'd be thrilled if I could get him to 3 in it. I'm a little more hopeful we'll be able to after reading through the responses here.

msg221

Sadly, I no longer have my MA70, but Nour would still fit in it now, at 3 years, 2 months. I am pretty sure she would have gotten close to 4 years old RF in it, as petite as she is. For comparison, here is a pic of her in the MA70 nearly a year ago, and I swear she hasn't grown that much in the torso because she still had room to spare in it and I only parted with the seat two weeks ago.

P1020555-1.jpg

Right now she is riding in the TFP and looking at how much room she has in it from this pic today, I'd bet money that she'll still fit RF in it at 4. I know she isn't sitting straight up, but trust me, she's still got LOTS of room. She is still only on the second setting for the harness straps! This was her passed out when we got home from her and Zain's first trip to Build A Bear. She fell asleep with her frog/dinosaur looking "friend."

BuildABear1.jpg

2BunniesMommy

Even though not quite the same seat, wanted to add that I re installed today and made it more upright. She now has 1.5 inches above her head, so we are eeking out a little more time, but at 2 years 10 months, just about.
Now someone refresh my memory, does the MA70 or the RA55 have the slight bit more space?

Jessica61624

2BunniesMommy said:
Even though not quite the same seat, wanted to add that I re installed today and made it more upright. She now has 1.5 inches above her head, so we are eeking out a little more time, but at 2 years 10 months, just about.
Now someone refresh my memory, does the MA70 or the RA55 have the slight bit more space?

I think they're the same. The ma has more room for ff.

Phineasmama

Mine is 2.5 years, 31 lbs and I can't remember how tall but he's not short by any means. This seat will definitely get him until 3 but I'm sure he has more like a year left in it!

Phinnyseat.jpg

bnsnyde

My daughter is 3.5 and 39 inches and 36 lbs. I think she has room but it's hard to tell RF so now I use the Radian.

My son is 36 inches and 30 lbs. He just turned 2 and has room for sure.

Sorry no torso stats handy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC