Booster planning.

turtlemama

DS1 will be 5 in December and I was thinking of part time boostering him then. He is 36-37 lbs and 41 inches (10%tile in height)
So, I figured the parkway SG (he picked cowmoo :love: ) would be my best bet since it has the SG clip. My vehicle is a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica and he will be in the 3rd row most likely. So are there any problems with this?

DD will be almost 7 by then and she is asking for a new booster already. That's too soon for a backless though, right? She likes the "monkey booster" so I figured I might sell the Cybex to be able to afford the Clek. This is a huge "might." I'm very wary about putting her in a backless especially since the Cybex makes her look so much safer with all that cushioning.

Off topic, but I don't want to start 2 threads.
I have a MR, thinking it would take up less front to back space than the CA,and it does, but I just don't like it. I need something else. DS1 has been riding in the XTSL that I got for DS2, and I really want to keep him there so we can go straight to booster and skip FF harnessing. Currently he is back in the Maestro and it freaks me out. For some reason I feel better with the idea of boostering than FF harnessed.
I'd love to get another Radian, but it would take up too much space. I was thinking, MA70 or the new Pria for DS2. Good thinking? What else is there? The Foonf (sp?) seems interesting, but I'm sure it would cost way too much. I need highly discounted, or a long time to save up.

ADS

cookie123

The Parkway SG has a 40 lbs weight minimum I believe.

I'm thinking of trying the Pria 70 myself. I might go to BRU today and check it out. If your seats are very flat, I wonder if it would over recline. It seemed very reclined in some of the recent pictures.

Kat_Momof3

why not pass the cybex to your son... and get her a Recaro Probooster?? (and if you want to try one before buying, we could always do a meetup so you can try out Ruthie's... we could meet at the children's museum or somewhere else)

oh... and I could always stick the Vivo in the third row empty if you wanted to play with it, too!

and :whistle: I could check out your cybex

ETA -for convertibles, it looks like the pria 70 will take up the least amount of space.

turtlemama

why not pass the cybex to your son... and get her a Recaro Probooster?? (and if you want to try one before buying, we could always do a meetup so you can try out Ruthie's... we could meet at the children's museum or somewhere else)

oh... and I could always stick the Vivo in the third row empty if you wanted to play with it, too!

and :whistle: I could check out your cybex

ETA -for convertibles, it looks like the pria 70 will take up the least amount of space.

Lol You could just check out the Cybex anyway. I'm free most of the time. We had a Vivo back there before and it was hard for her to buckle and tighten the shoulder belt.

My seats are fairly slanted. The Radian installs fairly upright in my car.
I got the Cybex in red (Grenadine??) with the intention of passing it down to DS1, but he's small, so I'd really like to have the SG clip for piece of mind. (I'm also reallllly wanting Cowmoo something, stroller, booster, or car seat and I'd be :love: )
If the SG starts at 40 lbs though, I might have a while yet before buying it.
I'm not sure when he would be 40 lbs. DD was 40lbs sometime around 5, but she's built differently than him.

I'm really liking the Pria.
My concern with the Pria, though, is what I hated about the straps with the CA. Twisty and too thin.
I also have no option to get thicker straps from Dorel since I was already rude to them about it for the CA (they said they sent out straps, TWICE, and I never got them, and they were rude with me, plus I griped at them about their rules and asked lots of questions they didn't want to answer.)

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I have tried my DS#1 in the PWSG in the 2nd and 3rd row of our Pacifica and it fits him better in the 3rd row, but it does have the 40lb min on it. Right now we are booster training in the Monterey as the FN85 makes a TERRIBLE booster for him in the 2nd row due to the position of the buckle stalk.

I know that the next gen britax seats fit well even in the 3rd row with the 2nd row seat moved up one click, except the lock offs are a bit of a pain. (Have I mentioned how much I hate Chryslers seat belts/latchplates?) It also fits very well in the 2nd row with the seat moved forward a few clicks (and you can still keep the front seat all the way back) which of course gives you more room for a 3rd row rider. I worry about booster riders in the 3rd row of the Pacifica because there isn't a ton of room, it isn't that bad but if I have to have a child back there I usually move the 2nd row up 1-2 clicks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC