3 across chevy trailblazer

MFatt16

I am expecting my 3rd in January. I was hoping to upgrade in car but with the economy right now, I think I will keep my paid off Trailblazer instead. Its a 2002 and doesn't have a 3rd row.

When the baby arrives I will I have a FF 5yo in a Nautilus, A RF 2yo in an old-style Marathon, and a Graco Safeseat for the new arrival. They do not fit all 3 across, I have tried everything....No base on the Safeseat, switching to FF (just to see), and moving the seat positions.

I think I need to replace 1 of the 3 to make it work, hopefully not 2.

Any suggestions or helpful comments?

Thank you!

ADS

love-pink

If you check out my profile I have a ton of pictures in my Envoy which is about the same as a Trailblazer.

Im thinking if you put your 2 year old rear facing in a Radian and your 5 year old in a Radian you could still use the Safeseat for the baby.

Or you could try using the Nautilus, a Radian and a Chicco Keyfit for the baby.

love-pink

The Nautilus just dosent puzzle well with other seats because of the huge arm rests. The Chicco Keyfit and Baby Trend infant bucket are both slim infant seats.

MFatt16

I am not due for 5 months so I guess it is time to start saving and sale shopping for 2 new seats. I may decide to upgrade the car afterall. Now that I think of it, I have the same config. in grandma's car and she tries a 4 dour Malibu. So that means not using 2 new Nautilus's anymore, tossing a Marathon with a few years left and buying 4 :eek: new radians! Whoo, I am gonna have to think on this one. Thanks!

Jan06twinmom

I am not due for 5 months so I guess it is time to start saving and sale shopping for 2 new seats. I may decide to upgrade the car afterall. Now that I think of it, I have the same config. in grandma's car and she tries a 4 dour Malibu. So that means not using 2 new Nautilus's anymore, tossing a Marathon with a few years left and buying 4 :eek: new radians! Whoo, I am gonna have to think on this one. Thanks!

Remember that you can sell the car seats that you are not going to be able to use. It'll help at least a little bit with costs. Can you ask for a new infant car seat as a new baby gift? That would also help.

Any chance you can trade cars with grandma when she needs to drive the kids so you don't have to worry about doing 3 across in both vehicles?

Melanie

MFatt16

Yes, I probably can just switch cars if I need to. Chances are she won't often have all 3 kiddos so switching wouldn't be too often. I will definitely sell the Nauti's and maybe the Marathon if I decide to buy new seats. What a pain, I hate my Trailblazer but when we bought it, the price was right and I hate having a car payment. I may ask around and see if anyone has a more narrow infant seat I could borrow for the first 6 months and see if it fits without the base. That would buy me more time since after that I will need another convertible that will also fit.

MissAllyLou

I'm late to the game but I have an '03 Envoy, which is the same as a Trailblazer, and I currently have 2 Nautilus' and a Turbobooster in my middle row. I can also fit:
Nautilus, Snugride22/30/35, Britax convertible
2 radians and a Britax
Britax Frontier, Boulevard, Boulevard....

Basically you just need to find a seat that fits in the center well, and then piece around it. I can get a Nautilus, any Britax convertible, most infant seats, and Radians in the center.

If there's a specific combination you'd like to me to try, let me know and I'll see what I can find.

I'm a tech, BTW ;-)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I also just wanted to say that the Malibu isn't really narrow in terms of doing 3 across and I'd expect to be able to do it without a huge amount of difficulty.

I'm not familiar with the interior of the 02 Trailblazer specifically. I would start with replacing the Snugride 35 though - the handles on the Graco seats puzzle horribly with the Britax seats and often others as well - just where they stick out. I'm guessing by replacing that infant seat - especially if you did something narrow like a baby trend, that you'd be able to keep the Marathon and the Nautilus.

B

Baylee1987

I'm late to the game but I have an '03 Envoy, which is the same as a Trailblazer, and I currently have 2 Nautilus' and a Turbobooster in my middle row. I can also fit:
2 radians and a Britax

Basically you just need to find a seat that fits in the center well, and then piece around it. I can get a Nautilus, any Britax convertible, most infant seats, and Radians in the center.

If there's a specific combination you'd like to me to try, let me know and I'll see what I can find.

I'm a tech, BTW ;-)
Could you try a evenflo sureride a evenflo fit right belt potion booster and a evenflo embrace infant seat, all wide seats I know

U

Unregistered

2 radians and a Britax

I'm a tech, BTW ;-)

Hi there! I'm super late to the game but it seems like this is a great question for so many not wanting to upgrade and take on another payment of a new vehicle.

I have a 2002 chev trail blazer. I have a almost 6 year old (40 lbs), a 2 year old (25 lbs) and a wee one on the way this fall. I currently have just a Britax marathon that is about to expire. I just ordered a Radian 3RXT. My question is, what combination would you choose to pair with the radian as I will have to replace the marathon soon? Can you do a backless booster from Clek and a Britax car seat still?? And would there be a way that you would configure them best? Most examples online show the infant car seat in the middle. I guess I'm looking for practical seats that my children won't outgrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC