Dvd player headrests.

ADS

Chely7425

We have these in our van. We didn't have them put in (they were there when we bought the van) but I would be happy to take some pics if anyone wants.

jess71903

Ambassador
I want pics! Those look awesome!

So, can you have 2 playing the same DVD? I am thinking this would be cool to have 1 on a front seat for FF DS, and 1 on a rear seat for RF DD.

Chely7425

Yes, ours play the same DVD. Ours are on the 2 front seats (so only useful for FFers) but we didn't put them in... lol. I'll run out and take some pics in a little bit.

brookity

We have some similar to these that we got on clearance at Wal-mart for $100. We only installed one on the passenger side because we only have one kiddo. Installation was very simple and we have never had a problem. Ours came with a game DVD with some very simple 32 bit games and two controllers. DD has some headphones that she uses, otherwise the sound is right behind the passengers head. You can also tune the car radio to a specific station and have the sound come through the car speakers. We only use it on long car trips and it is great that DD can watch and hear her movie while I listen to a book on CD without interference. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again if I needed them for an additional car. :twocents:

Last edited:

krissybear25

Pics would be cool :) so u aren't worried about them flying out??
I'm in Canada so the ones I linked are the least expensive I can find, And there is free shipping! I've found other ones that are less expensive but the shipping was always thru the roof. I was just gonna pop one on backwards cause my lil guy is rf. I'm gonna be making 8hr trips often and I was thinking these would great for my little guy. I was just gonna get him a normal portable DVD player and a Case that attaches to the headrest, then I came across these. I'm just really worried that in a crash they would fly out and hurt someone :eek:

misstj9

nicest and cheapest price i've seen. i especially like the zipper cover to hide them...dh is always worried about leaving dvd screens visible in the car that someone will try to steal them but it's such a pain to undo all those cords! looks like with the variety of post sizes that you should be able to get a tight fit with whatever type car/headrests you were replacing.

Chila88

We've been thinking about getting some of these for next summer when DD's are ff'ing....and I'm in Canada too! Please update this thread after you buy some with pics and let us know how you like them!!!

Oh, just in case UPS has never zapped you before.... beware UPS shipping to Canada....cuz even if the seller doesn't charge you shipping charges, UPS will likely ding you with a brokerage fee. It typically is about $20 for packages from the US....so I have no idea how much it would be on something from Hong Kong....worth looking into though!!

Dorothy

Would love to see pics, too. :) Thinking of getting something like this for a looooong drive next year. Trying to find the safest option.

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

TyAndCheyMommy

We have a set, and in order to pull them out of the headrest holes you have to hold the button down to release them out of seat... Not same brand though.

krissybear25

Chila88 said:
We've been thinking about getting some of these for next summer when DD's are ff'ing....and I'm in Canada too! Please update this thread after you buy some with pics and let us know how you like them!!!

Oh, just in case UPS has never zapped you before.... beware UPS shipping to Canada....cuz even if the seller doesn't charge you shipping charges, UPS will likely ding you with a brokerage fee. It typically is about $20 for packages from the US....so I have no idea how much it would be on something from Hong Kong....worth looking into though!!

I was thinking about this. I figured that what they may charge would be cheaper than the 100$ the other places would charge. Kwim. I've ordered stuff to my po box from hong kong b4 and never been charged anything extra.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC