3 yr, 4 months, time for second slots?

ohiomommy08

My little peanut is almost 3 yrs, 4 months, weighs 27/28 lbs and is 37 inches tall. Is she ready for the second slots on the Marathon? The lower ones seem really low and I think she's good on the second slot now, just wanted to check with you guys! Thanks!

She was close a several months ago and then got potty trained and gained a bit more space!

Also, just for fun, any guesses on how long she'll be able to rear face in her Marathon and will she out grow it by height or weight??

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy0608

She looks good at that slot height. :thumbsup:

No idea on how long she'll last in that seat though, sorry... haven't had that particular seat.

armywife12

Holy short torso!!!! My son was using these slots at 11 months old. He would have fit RF close to 3 yrs old so she'll likely be at least 6 before she outgrows it RF. That is awesome!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The straps need to be at or below her shoulders rear facing. There's no way she's ready for the next slot that we see.

She'll probably be one of the few kids who can stay in the seat until 35 pounds rear and 65 pounds forward since her torso is so short. My guess is that she'll have another year or two rear facing, then she could probably go to seven or eight in the seat if her torso never grows proportionally longer.

Wendy

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
If she's on the 2nd slots in the pic, it's perfect! If those are the first slots (can't imagine!) then no, can't move them up. But I'm guessing that you are testing it on the 2nd slots to see how she fits. :) And yeah, if that's the 2nd slots...at 3yrs and 4mo and 37", I'm guessing she's all legs. Torso wise, and weight wise, I would guess you'd get 1.5-2 more years out of it rf'ing if you have a 35lbs rf'ing limit.

ohiomommy08

Yep, I was testing the second slots. The first slots are way below. So we're good on the second ones - yeah! I think it will be much easier to get her in an out of there!

I'm so happy I have a little peanut. She'll probably be rearfacing for a LONG time! She doesn't have older siblings and we don't have other kids riding in our car, so she won't even realize she COULD forward face!

Thanks everyone!

Laurie

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
My son will be 3 in October and he is barely on the second slot as well, except he has been on the 2nd slot for close to a year thanks to diapers lol, now that he is trained he is right at the 2nd slot again. He is going to outgrow the seat in weight before height.

miraclebabies

My DD will b three in November and she's just even with the second slots in her Marathon. She's only 26# so I hope to get her another few yrs RF before it expires in 4-2014. She's the same slots as my 1.5 yr old that weighs 26# too so he might not make it as many yrs as her. We will see

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC