Snugride install on a motorcycle?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh wow. I also love all of the protective gear the driver is wearing.

I will just assume it was just a photo op, for my own sanity.

dneul

This. I was working a check years ago and a dad came in with his 3 month old like this except rear facing with bungee straps. Oh, and he was wearing a helmet because he was concerned about being safe. He truly had no idea about his kid and when we wouldn't let him leave (there was a police officer there that was a check) he was upset but mom came about 20 minutes later with the car.:confused:

southernveg

dneul said:
This. I was working a check years ago and a dad came in with his 3 month old like this except rear facing with bungee straps. Oh, and he was wearing a helmet because he was concerned about being safe. He truly had no idea about his kid and when we wouldn't let him leave (there was a police officer there that was a check) he was upset but mom came about 20 minutes later with the car.:confused:

I'm completely appalled.

bnsnyde

When I was overseas I saw BABIES on motorcycles/bikes hanging on to the parents' backs. Whole families, often! With all the crazy traffic.
I wondered how the 11-month-olds knew to hold on so well. Lots of trust there.

I know over there that's not uncommon, but wow.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow. Lots of problems here.

* Loose Harness
* Belly Clip
* Forward Facing

And...

Oh, yeah...

* ON A MOTORCYCLE!
* "Installed" with a strap!

krfogle88

I cannot believe this would actually happen?:eek: Hopefully it was just for pictures but still, that poor baby could have fallen off the back.

nmb

The baby was wearing a helmet, or the dad?

I can't believe someone really came to a check event like that. What did he really expect you to do? I guess (to the best of my knowledge anyway, and no, I'm not looking) the manuals don't explicitly say you can't install on a motorcycle. I mean, the seat isn't a sideways or backwards one, so really, it's ok, right? :rolleyes:

dneul

Dad was wearing a helmet... baby was in a car seat (hint it is called "car seat" not motorcycle seat for a reason:banginghead:) so that would protect the baby right...? I am not sure the dad was all there up there... if you know what I mean.

I have seen some crazy installs. Cement blocks holding up the drivers seat at the feet of a 1 year old (forward facing), seats belts that were cut out and replaced with bungee cords (actually done by a man who was literally a rocket scientist:eek:) and the rear facing motorcycle seat install...

I look at those situations that at least the parent was educated, cared enough to stop and ask and have seat checked, and the child ALWAYS left safer then when they came in.

nmb

D
I have seen some crazy installs. Cement blocks holding up the drivers seat at the feet of a 1 year old (forward facing), seats belts that were cut out and replaced with bungee cords (actually done by a man who was literally a rocket scientist:eek:) .

Um, how do you fix either of those? :eek:

nmb

Wow. Lots of problems here.

* Loose Harness
* Belly Clip
* Forward Facing

And...

Oh, yeah...

* ON A MOTORCYCLE!
* "Installed" with a strap!

ANd just randomly across the seat, nevermind the belt guides. Not that it'd really make a difference....

dneul

Child left in a different vehicle in all 3 situations and parents were educated. Sometimes you can't do anything past when that child leaves but at least I know I did everything I could.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC