Hello Pria! (pics...with real kids)

BabyKaykes

Ok, so I lied about that last photodump thing.... :eek:

Why can't all Dorel seats be more like the Pria? It's like they put some much time and thought into the Maxi Cosi line, and said forget the others, just keep renaming stuff we already have! So...screw the CCO, I'll take one of these!

There were a few things off the bat the I didn't like, but could live with:

1)They're back to the super short crotch buckle. Fine on Bebe, would have been disasterous if DS was wearing shorts.

2)The splitter plate got caught under the seat more than once when I was tightening/loosening the harness for Bebe.

3)The manual makes for confusion when it comes to the tinyfit insert

Manual says MUST use TinyFit if baby is under 18lb. Then it says, if baby is between 18-40lb RF or is forward facing you MUST remove the TinyFit insert.
Then one page later and on the stickers on the seat, it says to always use TinyFit insert for infants under 18lb, and that it can be used to 22lb or until the childs head is even with the top of the insert? Huh?

Bebe is 8mths tomorrow, 18lb 9oz, head is even with the top of the TinyFit insert. Using top slots of the insert (there are 3). Bottom slots measured at 5-ish"
0a3dc86f.jpg

Without the insert...headrest in lowest possible position. Shoulders are just even with the slot.
3133c1fb.jpg

HOLY RECLINE!!! This thing is worse than the SmartSeat! There are 3 positions. #1 is for FF only, #2 is for RF or FF, #3 is for RF only. Recline handle is at the back of the seat, super easy to use.

#3. DS is standing behind the seat so it won't fall over. Good news is, on this flat surface, the 'level' line reads way over-reclined. Wondering if this was made to compensate for those super slanted vehicle seats.
01638c2d.jpg

Position #2 - line is now level with the floor
abc9b87f.jpg

18" top slots. DS tons of grow room and wanted me to buy it. It felt pretty cushy to me. RF is outgrown once again when top of head is even with headrest (not the shell).
3cc4c2d8.jpg

LOVE this!!! It comes with an infant chest clip, as well as the regular one.
e89ab342.jpg

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Grrr. I don't have any rep either. Thanks for all those pictures! It is much easier to see the features when you have a kid in the seat. I love the infant chest clip.

Mags462

I like it! Thanks for the pics (and i don't have any rep to give either so a thanks will have to suffice! :eek:)

turtlemama

Aah so when I'm able to afford a new seat it will be between this and the MA70. Which would you choose? Do you think it would take up less room than a CA front to back? How thick are the straps? The straps and rules are why I got rid of my CA's.

cookie123

With that recline, there probably won't be any pool noodles needed.:) I wonder if Matthew would fit rf in that. Hmmm. Where is it available?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Too bad it looks really wide, otherwise I would be all over it.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's just coming to BRUs. I love it.

I noticed in the manual as well about the weight limits.

284865_2121710556908_1070139791_2489242_5391093_n.jpg

284442_2121710716912_1070139791_2489243_3736355_n.jpg

281485_2121710876916_1070139791_2489244_6931502_n.jpg

284858_2121711036920_1070139791_2489245_543008_n.jpg

267267_2121711196924_1070139791_2489246_8314408_n.jpg

284763_2121712196949_1070139791_2489250_721388_n.jpg

229708_2121712516957_1070139791_2489252_3174767_n.jpg

I love my TFP, but if I was shopping for a newborn today, this would be SO high on the list.

I didn't measure the bottom slot, but I took a picture with my hand there. I have small hands (I can get them easily through a Radian's rear facing belt path, to give an idea).

224451_2121710036895_1070139791_2489239_6204287_n.jpg

Wendy

BabyKaykes

turtlemama said:
Aah so when I'm able to afford a new seat it will be between this and the MA70. Which would you choose? Do you think it would take up less room than a CA front to back? How thick are the straps? The straps and rules are why I got rid of my CA's.

I wouldn't personally buy a new Britax. But I'd get a Classic in a heartbeat.

I've never played with the CA. So not sure how much room it would take up. I do know that my nearly 6yo has more room over his head in the Pria than he does in his Radian, and this is much more upright than a Radian when on setting #2.

I really wanted to get this thing out to my car to check install angles, but they were super busy and I was dragging 2 hungry kids around straight from the dr office.

The straps are the same old Dorel straps. I personally think they're a little close together, however, the harness covers are nice and thin and flexible. They work really well.

I don't see Dorel's install line-angle thingy being an issue with this seat at all.

luckyclov

RF is outgrown once again when top of head is even with headrest (not the shell).
OK, just to clarify - not only is the general 1" of hard shell above head not used with this seat (for RF'ing), but you can use the headrest set *above* the shell RF'ing? :confused: So, when the top of the head is level with the top of the headrest, which may be adjusted above the hard shell, the seat is outgrown (or 40") rear-facing?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
OK, just to clarify - not only is the general 1" of hard shell above head used with this seat (for RF'ing), but you can use the headrest set *above* the shell RF'ing? :confused: So, when the top of the head is level with the top of the headrest, which may be adjusted above the hard shell, the seat is outgrown (or 40") rear-facing?

Yes, like the CA.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, without the itty bitty insert, the proper angle is between 30-35 degrees (or so I just read on the blog review)?

If that's the case, this seat is actually pretty tempting. I need some color, though.

I know its supposed to be released in intense red...i'm hoping there will be more though, Maxi cosi normally has cool colors

Evolily

love it, but I wish they would up the height limits by a couple inches! I know I would be comfortable using it over the overall limits, but I am very uncomfortable suggesting that it is OK to disregard one part of the manual but not another.

firemomof3

Wow, I really like it! For those who have seen it in person, how is the crotch strap for an older boy (say 3-4y/o?)

flipper68

Senior Community Member
love it, but I wish they would up the height limits by a couple inches! I know I would be comfortable using it over the overall limits, but I am very uncomfortable suggesting that it is OK to disregard one part of the manual but not another.

Me too, so I came up with a way to explain it to folks: Weight is absolute (30 pounds is 30 pounds). However, people who are the same height often have very different inseams. The difference in inseam is going to determine how a child fits in a seat height wise. A kid with long legs will fit in a seat longer than the kid with the tall torso. HTH

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC