Can I air dry covers???

Mom2FiveGirls

I washed the cover to our parkway and nautilus yesterday. I hand washed them (since that's what the manual said) and hung them to dry. Well, they still aren't dry and we have to run to the pharmacy to pick up meds for DD4 (for an ear infection...she went to the dr last night but they didn't have one of the meds she needed and said I could pick it up today after 12:00). I meant to take the seats out of DH's truck, but totally forgot. So, can I dry the covers in the dryer as long as I put it on air dry (or maybe even low)? I always preach "follow the manual" but if it won't hurt, I really don't want to make the kids ride in seats with wet covers... I only have one extra seat here so at least one of the girls would have to ride in a wet seat.

ADS

Mom2FiveGirls

Thanks. Its wet outside now and is supposed to start raining any minute... It rained off and on all last night (I had intended on hanging them outside last night, but didn't think to check the weather first...).

Putting them in the washer and doing the delicate spin cycle would have been an awesome idea! They were really wet... They are in the dryer now on air dry. I should have known something like this was going to happen. I was just thinking I didn't have anywhere to go yesterday or today so that's why i went ahead and washed them and I kid you not, Lilly started crying and saying her ear hurt an hour after I washed them... Go figure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC