Cybex Aton pictures! (pic heavy)

J-max

CPST Instructor
So I finally got around to installing and taking pictures of my new Aton. Over all I am pretty happy with it.

It does have a short canopy, but I love that it "hides" away and doesn't get stuck on the handles like many of the others.

Not sure if I am wild about the plastic buckle or not.

The installation was super easy. I did have to do it 2X, the first time it was still a bit lose, but just opened the plate, pulled a bit more slack out, and tightened it again. I can see a potential for misuse in nit tightening it again after closing the plate from some general public standpoint.

Seat with bitty baby sized baby in it (she is wearing real life preemie sized clothes) She is below the lowest slots, but only by a touch.
summer2011304.jpg

Side view - shows canopy in extended position
summer2011305.jpg

Base installed (middle foot height - barely in the 4-22lb range)
summer2011306.jpg

Seat installed (middle foot height - barely in the 4-22lb range) I was not quite comfortable with the recline angle on this, it was OK, but I wanted to see it a touch more reclined
summer2011307.jpg

Seat installed (most extended foot height - well within the 4-22lb range)
I was much happier with this and will take my phone and angle app out and measure it later to see what it actually measures at)
summer2011308.jpg

Sitting next to the XTSL
summer2011309.jpg

Room left with the seat how DH likes to drive (almost all the way back)
summer2011310.jpg

I will be babysitting my 11month old, approx 18 niece tomorrow and I will try and see if I can get her in the seat and get some pics of a bigger kid in it.
Any other pictures or info anyone wants?

ADS

Mags462

Thanks for the great pix!

Its strange though... the more pics of this seat i see the less i like it :eek:

J-max

CPST Instructor
Thanks for the great pix!

Its strange though... the more pics of this seat i see the less i like it :eek:

yeah i'm kind of in the same mindset. I loved the concept but I'm not in love with the seat. I do super like the base though.

Yea, I am not nearly as in love with it as I thought I woudl be. I am hoping it grows on me. I am thinking it will be a niche seat - it is VERY light weight (the bucket only weights like 6 or 8 lbs) and has a small shell, so it does not take up as much room as a bigger seat like a SR35. I only plan on using it for the winter months then switching to a convertible, so I am OK with it not lasting as long.

The base was crazy easy to install and that was nice. even if you have to move it often, it would be pretty easy. The release mechanism is different than we are used to and has a bit of a learning curve. Also the way the seat "locks" into the base is a bit different movement that most of the others. It took me a couple of tries to get it locked in the first few times.

Anyway, I am going to hang onto it for now, but after a month or two I may re-evaluate :D

J-max

CPST Instructor
That canopy is so bizarre. I love the colors though!
I love, love, love the way it "disappears" and doesn't get in the way of the handle, but I wish it was bigger. I think they could have easily made it a panel for two longer and not made a difference in the folding mechanism. It also has a weird "learning" curve to folding it up. you have to slightly pull up on the center of it while pushing it back. It took me forever to figure that out! I thought one of the kids had broken it ;)

Spam

I love the color! I was finally able to see one in person at bbb and was a little disappointed. The canopy on it was already broke. It was light, but didn't feel nearly as padded as the kf30 next to it. I agree it's probably a nice niche seat. It's off my 'wanted' list for now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC