What do you think of these boosters?

mamakc

Trying to find a booster that we like better than the TB.
I want more substantial headwings. I am of the opinion (it may be wrong, but what-ev ;)) that they are essentially useless if they aren't huge. lol Go big or go home, right? I also hope to find a seat I can use in all three (or at least two) of my second row seats.

Tried these two over the past couple days.

Britax Parkway SG:

With SG clip

W/O SG clip

What I didn't like about the parkway is the headwings weren't any deeper than the turbo, and it can't be used in two of the three second row seats in my car (to wide for one, and the other has a buckle stalk that's too long and prohibited per the manual)

I tried the Safety 1st air booster today and I think I reeeeeeeally like it. But I'm not sure again about whether it's OK in my two difficult seats so I'm hoping for feedback on it.

This is where the buckle falls on the long stalk position:

I didn't get a chance to read the manual (K-mart let me take it to the car to try it out) So does someone have this seat who knows if this is ok?

It's also a bit wider than the space in the center seat:

I assume that means it doesn't fit/can't be used in this position, is that correct?

Here's pics in a 'normal' seat.

LOVE those headwings.

Belt-fit good?

Thoughts?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You have car headrests in all of the places the Air Boost would go? The booster's headrest doesn't support itself during a crash, so it requires support to the level of her eyes from the car.

I like the fit with the SG clip better in the Parkway, and the Boost is fine, though the lapbelt is just a hair high.

Wendy

mamakc

You have car headrests in all of the places the Air Boost would go? The booster's headrest doesn't support itself during a crash, so it requires support to the level of her eyes from the car.

I like the fit with the SG clip better in the Parkway, and the Boost is fine, though the lapbelt is just a hair high.

I have headrests for every seat. Is the lapbelt fit concerning, or is it good, but not perfect?

melniemi

I picked the pro booster after trying out several boosters for my 7yo. Fits her great. I much prefer the old style parkway to the new, belt fit and sip was so much better in the old one, glad mine haven't expired yet.

mamakc

I picked the pro booster after trying out several boosters for my 7yo. Fits her great. I much prefer the old style parkway to the new, belt fit and sip was so much better in the old one, glad mine haven't expired yet.

I am in love w/ the probooster. But I'm scared of the tippy talk.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC