Vivo Clicking Noise in Headrest

morlando27

Just curious...does anyone else have issues with the Vivo making a clicking or popping noise in the headrest area? Since DS has been riding in the car a lot more during the summer than he does during the school year, he's getting really annoyed by a clicking/popping noise it makes. We have 3 Vivos so I asked if it's just the one in my car or all of the Vivos and he said they all do it.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

could you perhaps video this? I've never noticed (and neither have any of my kids) any noise coming from the vivos (aside from the slight noise from adjusting the headrest or the recline setting on the seat)

I'd like to see what it sounds like it could be from... and of course, you may want to be able to show Gayle (the CSR at Recaro) what the heck it is.

morlando27

I can try to get a video. From the front seat it sounds like someone clicking a retractable pen. I haven't really inspected it and I don't think there's any safety concern, it's just irritating.

Melanie

We've never had our Vivo do that. I've always had the vehicle headrest off so it lays very flush against the seat, if that matters.

I'm interested to see what comes of it.

morlando27

I took the cover off when we got home. The foam was coming unglued from the plastic. I think once I reglue it, it will be fine. Any recommendations on the type of glue to use? It looked like hot glue.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Use tape to secure it. Glue generally melts the EPS foam and since we don't know what they use during manufacturing, tape is best.

morlando27

FWIW, I emailed Recaro and got the following response:

"You can hot glue in place. This does not compromise its function."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC