WooHoo!! I got excellent CS from SK(Russ)

chelle80

WooHoo!! I got excellent CS from SK

So i emailed Russ a couple of weeks ago about the harness on my seat catching when i tightened/loosened it and not only was he quick to answer me back, he sent me a replacement seat:love: :thumbsup: He told me i could do whatever i wanted with the other one, use it, destroy it, sell it,etc.. We thought about selling it and put the money toward a regent for Dakota, but the people around here aren't much on EH and i didn't think i wanted to fool with trying to ship it. So we decided to keep it for Kaleb and use the new one for Dakota. I have to tighten/loosen the strap everytime with Dakota because the crotch strap is short and if you don't loosen it then he gets squished when you try to buckle/unbuckle him. So my new set up in the car is radian65's on the driver outboard and center and a FPSVD on the passenger outboard. DH laughed and said i need to get another radian and put in RF for Colton so i can have 3 radians across,lol!! And to tell the truth i'm half tempted too:D

Here are some pics, i will get one with the 3 boys later for my siggy...

SD530827.jpg
SD530826.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

broken4u05

When did you email Russ? I am still waiting for my seat. He said he would ship it a week ago. I am kinda upset i need to put a 3rd seat in my car. And he told you that you could keep it. wow i have to send mone back. good deal

supercrunch

I have to send mine back for the fraying harness issue too.

Maybe he figured that if he let me keep it I might just sell both of them to get a Regent instead :eek:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I think that they let people with useable but not "correct" seats keep them, and request that non-usable seats be returned.

They let me keep my short strap one.

supercrunch

mine is definitely usable...I'm using it right now, but there is slight fraying along the edge of the straps

I honestly don't understand the point in him sending a new one for my problem anyway. The straps on the new one will be frayed in no time :(

chelle80

When did you email Russ? I am still waiting for my seat. He said he would ship it a week ago. I am kinda upset i need to put a 3rd seat in my car. And he told you that you could keep it. wow i have to send mone back. good deal

I emailed him the 1st time on May 26th, our last email was on May 29th. He had told me it might be 2 or 3 weeks because they were moving. I was suprised when it came today, but i guess the timeing is right. The reason i could keep mine is because there is really nothing wrong with it, i can still use it, it is just a major PITA to tighten/loosen the harness, but no fraying or anything real serious like that that effects the harness. So it was nothing they need to "investigate" to find out why it was happening.

Where i had to put my seat(center) there is an armrest that folds down and when i would loosen/tighten the harness the spliter plate would catch on the armrest, i had to unbuckle the seat, hold the buckle so it didn't retract, unhang it, buckle the seatbelt back, then tighten the straps(like i said major PITA). But since i am using it for Kaleb i don't have to loosen/tighten it every time.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I'm still waiting to hear back from him on my issue (the puppy pee thread). It's been a couple days now, which worries me!
I can't believe that he's sending you a new seat and letting you keep your old one, too! That's awesome! Woohoo for you! :D

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I figure with all the harness fraying issues they are wanting to compare them and that's why the need them shipped back but you better believe they are getting a naked seat shipped back to them b/c i'm keeping my covers! LOL
My seat is not usable and i would NOT feel ok selling it to another to use b/c it's fraying NOT fuzzing, not pilling...
Anyways if it were me once your youngest gets a little heavier i woudl use one of the radians for him so it can be teathered rfing when he's heavier and let on of the older ones use the FPSVD seat till your youngest out grows the radian rfing at 33lbs then move them how ever! :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I am waiting for my new one, having to send back my frayed harness seat back.

The issue with the frayed harness, is that with it being a potential safety issue, they need to look at it and test it to see if it does compromise the performance of the carseat. If it does, then they would have to issue a recall. So they actually need the seats back so they can evaluate what is going on.

mommycat

The issue with the frayed harness, is that with it being a potential safety issue, they need to look at it and test it to see if it does compromise the performance of the carseat. If it does, then they would have to issue a recall. So they actually need the seats back so they can evaluate what is going on.

I hope they come up with a good solution!!! I've only used mine 4 times, so no problems yet, but I am dreading seeing it happen to this seat as well with no recourse. I imagine once they realize how many seats they are replacing through customer service they will come up with a solution ASAP.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC