Washing FR and RN covers

cmm7

I am going to be productive today and clean out my car, vacuum, and wash the seat covers. I know it says to handwash the RN (Flora) and Frontier (Canyon) but I have seen in threads it makes it through the gentle cycle just fine. But then I saw those are front loaders. My washer isn't. Will they still be ok? I can never seem to actually get things out of items when I handwash.

ADS

CrazyBoysMamma

I don't know about the Canyon, but my cowmoo FR cover makes it through the wash in my top loader just fine. The Radian covers....ehhh...I dunno. Mine are in crap shape and I don't know what's most to blame, the quality of the cover, how rough my boys are, or my washer. I would hand wash it if it isn't completely filthy just to be on the safe side. Also, be prepared for the headrest foam to come off with the cover on the FR, and it's very thin! I almost broke mine because I didn't realize the first time that it came off with the cover.

Dillipop

I've had the same radian cover for 5 years now. I've washed it in top loaders and front loaders numerous times and I think it still looks fine.

I've done a granite radian cover in a top load on the lowest setting and it came out just fine. I was glad to have a backup seat, though, since it took a full 2 days to hang-dry!

cmm7

Thanks, everyone! I do have a backup seat to use, so that won't be a problem. I will throw the RN cover in the wash tonight and hand wash the FR. The RN is the one that is actually dirty. R is a messy kid.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Last cover I had to handwash I used the washing machine to handwash it. Let it partially fill to the small load mark, then turned the washer off and scrubbed the cover that way - kind of almost kneading it like a loaf of bread in some ways I guess.

It got all the big stuff out, though there was some super small crumbs deep in the creases that didn't come out. Then again, my EFTA that was ok to machine wash had some sand stuck in a similar area despite being washed on the gentle cycle.

After washing it that way, I moved the dial to spin and spun the water out, then rinsed it the same way I'd washed it, then spun it out again and hung it to dry. Handwash with machine wash benefits - super easy and fast. :)

KaiLing

I just did my RN cover in a top loader. I removed one piece of foam from the butt. I almost missed it, and I dont' think it would have fared well in my cheapo washing machine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC