Anyone seen this?

cpsaddict

http://www.babyseatinjury.com/index.html

First off, the picture on the first page shows an improperly used FF seat. It's reclined. Second, they state that no restraint is safe enough? HUH?

That just seems to add to the lawsuit problem and where is the personal responsibility. Sure, there could be seats that fail, but all of them? I don't buy it.

Opinions?

ADS

mominabigtruck

And all their seats on the website were expired.:thumbsdown: Of course I can see where it would be the manufacturer's fault that they can't make seats that last forever:rolleyes:

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
That's pretty disgusting. I only watched one of the videos on the right hand side - the one called "defective harness" and it showed a little girl, about 2-3 climbing out of her seat while harnessed, only the harness was incredibly loose. So how does that make the harness defective???

And some of the "reasons" for suing manufacturers were pretty lame as well. Confusing instructions (because they're written at a 10th grade reading level) and cumbersome adjustments. Um, OK.

I suppose some people will find any reason to blame someone else for their mistake.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I tried to watch the videos, but I couldn't get them to work.

Everytime I tried to open a video, it crashed my internet. :(

tjham

I watched most of them but they weren't too relevant to what they were saying. Too bad, I was hoping for some new videos to pass around.

Their arguments are so lame!
Now, if one of them was about the Alpha Omega and the top slot issue, I'd say they have a point!

Connor's Mom

What do you expect, it is a web site for a law firm? They don't care about child safety, they care about generating money for their lawyers. :thumbsdown:

They even tell you step by step how to set up your own child seat injury case......
http://www.babyseatinjury.com/html/caseinfo.html

And you gotta love the old OHS seat picured on that nice buttery leather seat, lol. :rolleyes:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
:hitselfonhead: :fencing:

I read the whole list of product defects along with the descriptions and would like to bang those guys over the head with a frying pan. :whistle:

I know they're a law firm and everything, but they seem to know diddly squat about child restraints.

How's this for a real winner:
t is imperative that child seats have clear warning labels to warn parents and other users about the dangers and risks associated with the child restraint. Although as of 1996, these labels were designed to be more colorful and eye-catching, thousands—even millions—of seats manufactured before this date are still in use today.

To prevent further tragedies, a satisfactory, standardized system for warning labels needs to be developed. If your child has been harmed by a child seat with an inadequate warning label, we can help. Please contact our firm today.

Bolding mine..... um, yeah - do you really think if you sured a car seat manufacturer for a seat that was over a decade old that you'd have a chance of winning? I mean, that's like suing a meat shop because you got e coli when you ate raw hamburger after it sat on the counter for a week. :doh:

And then there's the whole top tether thing - it's still not mandatory in the US for seats to be installed using the top tether, so what purpose does the comment serve. :rolleyes:

To prevent such occurrences, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) ruled in March 1999 that all new forward-facing child restraints must meet stricter head protection requirements by attaching mandatory top tether straps. These straps provide added support and reduce the risk of head injury.

Gotta love the whole harness defect stuff too - apparently a kid being able to unbuckle a harness is a defect - do they tell parents to sue pharmacies too for using child-proof lids that a toddler can open?

Urgh.... I didn't even watch any of the videos. These lawyers are just trying to cash in on people's pain. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that...

:soapbox:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC