average age to outgrow seats

steph_s

My cousin can't decide for her little one but asked when some seats are outgrown so she can decide what to get and what may need replaced before booster age.

So, when did your lo outgrow these seats ff (she will only rf to 2 so she is more worried about ff capabilities).

Scenera
Avenue
myride
Efta

There aren't a lot of other options, she's short on cash and other seats like say he trufit don't fit in her tiny car.

ADS

BabyKaykes

DS is 2 months shy of 6yo. He has outgrown none of those seats by height, but the first two by weight about a year ago. He would also fit RF (by height) in all of them.

steph_s

We tried my trufit it doesn't work. We went to bru to try the others (minus the avenue which we borrowed from a friend to try) so we know what will fit. She drives an aveo has her 13yo DD with her and the baby. The front passenger seat needs pushed back (just to where her dd's legs are) when she drives her neighbor to work so the seat must go behind the drivers side. Can't go center her 13yo is a bit too uncomfortable with a seat right there. These are the only options that work we spent an hour and a half trying everything at the store plus the seats I own.

mommyfrog

The only one I know for sure is my dd outgrew the MyRide between 5.5 and 6. She is 75% for height. My 3yo (50%) is on the top slots of the Scenera and getting close to them.

dingohate

I would go for the MR65 personally. My 3yo 40" DS still fits in his and he's just 35lbs now. I find it's way easier to adjust the harness of the MR vs my TrueFit and it might encourage her to keep her dd rfing longer. I know I was devastated at having to dig and hurt my fingers to get to the TF harness thingy when needed! I truly hated that about it!

The MR is an tight squeeze in my tiny Jetta, so definitely tri it out!

hrice

I am not a fan of the MR FF. I would go with an EFT 65. My 3 year old has about 3 yrs of growing room FF in it. He's 37.5 inches tall and weighs about 33 pounds.

armywife12

Definitely the efta. It will last the longest both rf and ff. My son is tall torsoed and would have fit rf to his third birthday and he'd probably have about half an inch left ff and he turns 4 in a week. His torso is longer than average though. I love the myride rf but dont like it at all ff. I dont understand how the tf didn't fit though. It takes up the same amount of room as the myride

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC